Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2021, 06:40 PM   #1

dual ACs

when boondocking should the generator be in a position to run both Air Conditioners simultaneously? It kept forcing me to use only one at a time. The other can use the fan, but the compressor and AC would not kick in with both simultaneously. Seems like it should be no problem with an 8KW generator to run both ACs at the same time. Again we are new to this 34B so learning on the fly. Thanks for the feedback.
StanNSandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 07:30 PM   #2

A little more info would help

I take it that either ac will run properly if it is the only ac running. Correct?

What exactly happens that prevents you from running both at the same time? Does a circuit breaker trip? Which one?

Does the same thing happen if you have ac1 running and try to start ac2 as when you have ac2 running and try to start ac1?

Is your 34B a 40 amp or 50 amp unit? (Sorry I don’t know what a 34B is)

Do both ac’s running at the same time when on shore power?
Old 07-29-2021, 10:27 PM   #3

Your RV is newer than mine. I have a 2015 Berk 400QL with (2). Dometic 17500 BTU units. My Gen is the same as yours. I can run both units off the gen as well as a regular load from the residential refrigerator, TVs, etc. I know you have a multiplex setup, and I have no knowledge how that system works. I assume you have run the front unit by itself and the rear unit by itself. Are you getting an error code when running both units?
caflorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 12:57 PM   #4
Diesel Rep West Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanNSandi View Post
when boondocking should the generator be in a position to run both Air Conditioners simultaneously? It kept forcing me to use only one at a time. The other can use the fan, but the compressor and AC would not kick in with both simultaneously. Seems like it should be no problem with an 8KW generator to run both ACs at the same time. Again we are new to this 34B so learning on the fly. Thanks for the feedback.
What all are you trying to run at the same time? Also what the temp outside? it is not the generator that is not allowing the second A/C to kick on most of the time, but probably more the the EMS (Energy Management System) that is programmed into the multiplex. if trying to run both A/C and the Microwave/convection oven, and the refer is on a compression cycle the EMS will have an Priority for these items.
Eric B FR Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote