Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2015, 02:49 PM   #1

Easiest, most direct route.

To wire the sewer dump pump. Calls for 12v dc, 16 amps. I have 10 ga. wire just trying to figure a safe place to connect to. Don't want the t.v. shutting down when I flip the switch for the pump. Thanks in advance for your input.

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:11 PM   #2

Isn't it going to be close to the battery bay? Use an inline fuse.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:07 PM   #3

I purchased our 08 as second owner, so I don't know if what mine has was done at factory or not, but I have a remote macerator and was looking to wire it. I found four wires in the water distribution bay, and after testing and trial and error, found that two of the wires operate a relay, the other two are relay switched power and a ground. I installed a light duty switch and installed connectors on he output wires. I haven't traced the wires back to their source, so I don't know how it was done, and I am curious if it was factory or a well done addition.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
NV245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 05:38 PM   #4

Hey Joe, I agree with Dan. Battery bay is really close. My plan was to fuse a wire from a chassis battery to the water bay.

rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 05:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman94 View Post
Hey Joe, I agree with Dan. Battery bay is really close. My plan was to fuse a wire from a chassis battery to the water bay.

rich

So you and Dan are talking about going right off the terminal of the coach battery ( just one right ). Positive to fuse, then to switch. Then just run a ground to the other wire to motor? Also if the motor says it draws 16 amps, go with a 20 amp fuse ?

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
Old 09-18-2015, 12:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
Isn't it going to be close to the battery bay? Use an inline fuse.

Coach battery bay is all the way down at the rear, doesn't look far till you crawl under that beast. OMG ! Not the easiest getting around under there, especially trying to get past the axle. Any other thoughts ?

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
Old 09-18-2015, 01:05 PM   #7

Anyone know whether tapping into the side of this thing that says chassis bat. on the right hand side would be kosher ? This is where the house batteries are just to the rear of the rear wheels.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2103.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	399.1 KB
ID:	89061

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
Old 09-18-2015, 06:21 PM   #8

Joe, My thought was if it draws 16 amps that it would not be something I would want to splice into some other wires not knowing if the load would be too much.
So I figured it needed to go either to the DC fuse panel up front to an unused position or to the battery direct. Battery is closer.
I have stayed away from any projects that would require running wire too far under the coach for the same reasons you state. I can't get under there.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
I have stayed away from any projects that would require running wire too far under the coach for the same reasons you state. I can't get under there.

Plus the longer that you run the wire for a high amperage load, the greater the concern for an adequate (read larger and more expensive) size wire.

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:17 PM   #10

Just ran the 10 gauge from chassis battery compartment over to the wet bat compartment. How can anything so mammoth be such a pain in the butt to work on ?

Must be a walk in the park for the mechanics that have to work on these engines. Not !!

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40

« Keys | Hello !! »