Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2022, 12:33 PM   #1

Entry Stairs secured

On my 2014 390FL Class A, are the entry stairs secured to metal or wood? When I use the stairs they do to feel secure.
wdweldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 12:45 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Are you referring to the step well inside the coach or the powered entry steps out side if the coach? Both are secured to the rigid frame work in the coach. The interior step well is welded to the frame and the exterior power steps are secured/bolted to the frame
Lincman983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 03:49 PM   #3

WD,

On my 2015 Berk 34QS, the steps are attached to a subframe that is attached to the Freightliner frame. Presumably that is what MorRyde installed before Forest River started their installations. This frame also holds the box-aluminum frame around the door.

When my steps started to sag, I screwed them to this aluminum door frame. I discuss the analysis and solution in another post at https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2146159

Note that my very last post has a link to somebody else's solution for sagging steps that is simpler to implement than my solution, in case that is what you are concerned about fixing.

–cheers, Gordon
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2579202
Toad: 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4; Formerly: 2005 Acura EL (aka Honda Civic)
gordonsick is offline   Reply With Quote