Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2019, 04:56 PM   #21

We have a 55 gal. barrel in our trailer( quads in it also), use a transfer pump from Harbor Freight and put it in the RV. Works great.
Philkaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 07:36 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
If you can connect a hose to the 5g jugs, you could use a transfer pump:

I use a 60g bladder instead of individual 5g containers. It packs down super small (like the size of a 1g ziploc bag). I show it in my truck bed, but there's no reason you couldn't put it into your trunk:

Car trunk? 60 gal. X 8lb. a gallon is 480 pounds. Not in my trunk!
Projectman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:13 PM   #23

We use a 45 gallon bladder bag. Sits in the back of the the truck, pump into the tank.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:32 PM   #24
wjl

I saw this on another forum

Hook a hose from outside shower to water fill. I used spiral blue hose that came with camper. Then put your water container within close proximity of water pump.
Hook up winterizing siphon hose put hose into water tank...turn on water pump and shower knob and wa..la. Manufactorer should be horse whipped for stupid design.
wjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:41 PM   #25

Oh finally a question I have a good solution for, and at a low cost!

~$30 + a few hoses

I don't have a gravity fill port and needed to fill from jugs.

I do have on on board fresh tank and pump.

I bought TWO of these winterizing kits, and a plumbing T and faucet type hoses from the home improvement store, though I'm sure amazon has those also:
http://www.amazon.com/Camco-36543-Co.../dp/B0006JJ588

One winterizing valve installed "normally" before the pump.
Second winterizing valve installed after the pump.

WHY!!?? you ask after the pump also? So I can choose where the pump goes to. I can pump to the house plumbing OR pump back to the fresh tank.

This gives me both options of pumping from the jug directly to sinks/toilet/shower. Or, I can pump twice, once from the jug(s) to the fresh tank, then again during regular water use.

Flip the valves back to their original settings and my pump works as it did before the modification.

This solution works great for me for my needs.

Let me know if I need to explain it better, I typed this out super quick from memory!

EDIT: Yes, this is basically the same thing as others with using their winterizing input and a hose from the outside shower to the fill port. I did not have a winterizing input, nor do I have an outside shower. (thanks forest river for making the outside shower an option! ~$50 to add at build time, ~$1000 to add later!!!)
Boondockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:50 PM   #26

My five-gallon water container has a simple spigot to which I attach a short piece of sanitary water hose. The water container is carefully placed on top of our truck cap, allowing the water to gravity feed into the fresh water tank fill port.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190930_111450.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	358.5 KB
ID:	220345  
wilcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:14 PM   #27
2014 XLR 27HFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell D Pratt View Post
This is my way of transferring water to fresh water tank.
I did something similar, but with an upright 55 gallon plastic drum. Stuck a PVC pipe down to bottom and fed plastic tubing through that to hit bottom. The other end is on a small DC pump (wired to a switch and a cigarette lighter socket). On the pump output is a short hose with a male garden hose fitting. I screw my water hose to that and into the tank. Takes 20+ minutes but I get 55 gallons in one shot.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:25 PM   #28

I purchased one of these to transfer gasoline from 5 gal container to generator, works for water as well. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
rhc1069chr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:13 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBill16 View Post
If I'm out in the middle of nowhere and have run out of or am low on fresh water, I can drive my toad to a place to fill several 5 gallons jugs. Now, how do I get the water into my coach's water tank? There is no gravity fill on this coach.

Thanks,

Bill
I put a hose fitting on a sump pump and drop it in a 5 gal bucket. You can siphon or pour the water into the bucket. I use an inverter or generator for the power source when boondocking.
Go-Cougs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:37 PM   #30

I would just add a fresh water fill !! The parts are like $10 form Elkhart, Indiana.
mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:33 AM   #31

Where does one get the water to put in the Rv? Traveling along i95 and can't afford to go to a campground.
Thanks!
Gracie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 08:10 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjl View Post
Hook a hose from outside shower to water fill. I used spiral blue hose that came with camper. Then put your water container within close proximity of water pump.
Hook up winterizing siphon hose put hose into water tank...turn on water pump and shower knob and wa..la. Manufactorer should be horse whipped for stupid design.
X2

Marty
Old 12-10-2019, 12:04 PM   #33

This is what I use, works great! One end in your tank the brass end in container, shake it and water starts flowing into your tank!!

https://www.amazon.com/HORUSDY-Sipho...5997297&sr=8-5

My Smoker Adventure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BSZsmP5X78
Use code SPdiscount to buy on Amazon
spower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:31 PM   #34

Same here, but I switched to 3-gal jugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsimmer View Post
I got a plastic automotive funnel with a flexible spout. Punched a hole in the lip and installed a small Command Adhesive hook above the tank fill. I hang the funnel and insert the spout in the tank-fill opening. I hoist a 5 gallon jug to the funnel and pour water in. Cheap and easy.
I did exactly the same (even to the same brand of hook), but I now use the square, stackable, 3-gallon jugs from WallyMart. I used to use a 5-gallon, but my back is getting too old to hold that much weight at arms' length.
Slowly figuring out the meaning of life
thomlinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 07:33 AM   #35

Cheap and works great....

https://www.harborfreight.com/batter...ump-63847.html
Lordlindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 11:57 AM   #36

Boon Docking & running out of fresh water

I went to tractor supply and bought a Ag tank complet with 12V pump it was for spraying probably pesticides or irrigation water
it was NEW NEVER USED washed it out ran the pump
bought a 25' plastic hose & plastic braded hose at tractor supply put quick connect garden hose fittings on it
to ether hook it to my city water side or pump it directly in to my fresh water tank
my wife and i have never drank the water from our fresh water tank because we have never had a new camper.
this tank holds 15 / 20gal they have bigger tanks i got this one because its light weight and fits in my compartment
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3616.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	305.7 KB
ID:	220499   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3617.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	283.6 KB
ID:	220500   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3618.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	302.0 KB
ID:	220501  
BOO-BOO-IS-IN-CAMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 01:17 PM   #37
Ham Call N8SAC

My blue tank is a 15 gal . It will get you what you want. Just have to make a few trips. I have a 50 gal tank out of a motor home. But don’t use it.
Maxwell D Pratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 12:27 PM   #38
Trailer Park Supervisor

Smile My bladder will soon be full!

I know this thread is pretty old, but why start another. Today I finally got the Ependydad Bladder! (you get credit for planting seed in my brain). Actually called the Aquatank2. I can't believe this very light and small bladder will hold 60g of water, 500 lbs!

I will be using my stainless steel food grade homebrewing pump and hoses to transfer water to RV. No more jugs, and this thing is about the size of a gallon size ziplock when folded up.

I've never been so excited about a bladder before. BTW, found a decent retailer in TX called Baytec. Bladder was about 133 bucks. It is a ripoff on Amazon.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-01-07 at 12.01.13 PM.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	245599  
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 03:04 PM   #39
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
I know this thread is pretty old, but why start another. Today I finally got the Ependydad Bladder! (you get credit for planting seed in my brain). Actually called the Aquatank2. I can't believe this very light and small bladder will hold 60g of water, 500 lbs!
Woohoo! It made it!

And now, fair warning- the first few times you fill it, you'll likely stop at 45-50 gallons. If you have a water meter that you can watch while you fill, you'll be amazed at how much a difference that last 10g of water makes. It's uncomfortably full at that point.

To fully top them up, it helps to have a water shutoff, otherwise the fill tube is below water level and you lose water when you disconnect the hose.
Old 01-07-2021, 03:24 PM   #40

OOOoooo no full blatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post

I will be using my stainless steel food grade homebrewing pump and hoses to transfer water to RV. No more jugs, and this thing is about the size of a gallon size ziplock when folded up.

I've never been so excited about a bladder before. BTW, found a decent retailer in TX called Baytec. Bladder was about 133 bucks. It is a ripoff on Amazon.

emty the blater
it is price-e But you wont have to fill your tank's an haul all that water
you can even get a water filtration filter and use brook or streem water
i do it a lot of times when im so far out...

i would just check for beavers first !

Tags
boondocking, fresh water, tank, water, water tank