Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2015, 12:10 AM   #1

FMCA Rally - Madison

OK guys..... I'm all signed up for the FMCA rally in Madison July 29 - August 1 and then going from there to Goshen... Who else is coming????

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:26 AM   #2

I am planning that trip also. What are your plans for the time between rally's? I was thinking of heading over to Badlands National Park for a week.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:01 AM   #3
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Also making the trip to the two Rallies. Starting to look for things to do during the gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Finally completed all State visits in August 2011 with a trip to North Dakota.
Superchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:50 AM   #4

I hate to drive over to Badlands then back track to Goshen.... Seems like there should be something to do in WS (especially with all the lakes there) or over towards Goshen area....

Don't know - gotta spend some time checking things out... We will have already been out for two months before Madison with another month or so afterwards.... Never spent any time up in WS area so might be worth it to ck things out....

Shoot - we can all just have a mini-rally over at Craig's....

Old 02-25-2015, 10:33 AM   #5

Check out the following link - wisconsincampgrounds.com. It's pretty good... Shoot - a bunch of us might want to all meet at one spot and spend the week chilling together.... We can have some potluck meals together, do some fishing, check out the surrounding area, etc.....

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 02-25-2015, 12:50 PM   #6
nosaint3

Wisconsin Dells, WI is good tourist town. I prefer arrowhead campground cause its out of the way but close to town. Lots of good choices. Its about forty miles from Madison.
nosaint3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:01 PM   #7

We are going to the Goshen Rally, but not the FMCA Rally in Madison. We went to the last Madison Rally, loved the vendors and seminars, but hated being parked on a slope in a hay field with ankle deep stubble....especially with two small dogs.

See you in Goshen!
lsauer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:47 AM   #8

Group,

Let's wake this thread up again and see if we can get any more interest and a place to camp between rallies.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:02 AM   #9

I'm not from the area but there's a nice state park between Wisconsin Dells and Madison. Devil's something-or-other, if I recall correctly. I hiked around the lake when I was in the area on business. Did some recon on the campground. Looked okay to me.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk.

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:10 AM   #10

I don't have a motorcoach but live in Wisconsin. I would spend some time in Wisconsin Dells. Only 50 miles or so from Madison, WI. Country roads Motorhome and RV Park is very convenient and close to Walmart and Home Depot in that area. Lots to do in the dells like boat tours, duck ride, Tommy Bartlette Water and Ski show, etc. The state parks in Wisconsin fill up almost a year in advance so highly unlikely you get in one of those but Country Roads pricing is great mid 30's per night with full hookup and caters to Adults.
SurveyorWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:08 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
I'm not from the area but there's a nice state park between Wisconsin Dells and Madison. Devil's something-or-other, if I recall correctly. I hiked around the lake when I was in the area on business. Did some recon on the campground. Looked okay to me.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk.
Devils Lake State Park - but it fills up real fast as it's one of Wisconsin's most popular state parks. Link: Devil's Lake State Park - Wisconsin DNR
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:42 AM   #12

ernest917
Superchief
You were the only two who have expressed an interest so far. Country roads Motorhome and RV Park looks pretty good per their web site. Link below

Wisconsin Lake Delton campgrounds | Country Roads RV Park campsites | WI camping | Wisconsin Dells family vacations | motorhomes | long term seasonal rv sites | Mirror Lake State Park family fun | Sauk County

Do we want to make a choice of where to stay and get resverations?

This may also get others interested if we have a plan.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:12 AM   #13

fyi -- I stayed there over Memorial Day Weekend. All gravel sites, good sams discount, relatively level sites, very quiet campground as no kids allowed under 18 unless staying with an adult, pets allowed and very close to everything. Enjoy your time there if you all decide to camp there. I would recommend. Plus way cheaper than ther other private campground in the area that primarily cater to families.
SurveyorWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:51 PM   #14
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Ernest,

As you might remember there weren't but 4 Berkshires that we knew about at the last FMCA Rally we attended in Perry GA last year. I don't know about other FR Motorhomes that attended. Silver appears to be going and Frank just told me he is not sure yet. I don't know about Marty and Donna. So if everyone comes that came last year plus maybe Silver, that would make 5. Anyone else remotely interested should post.

Craig

Old 03-27-2015, 07:44 PM   #15

I'm all in favor of picking a spot and firming something up....

Old 03-28-2015, 09:13 AM   #16

Superchief

You may not remember but we met at Essex Junction FMCA rally I think last year. I was there with my buddy parked by the horse barns.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:04 PM   #17
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Silver, Yes I do remember that meeting, now that you mention it..

Craig

Old 04-05-2015, 08:20 AM   #18

Hey Chris, We live in Archer and have a small group of 4 or 5 couples that we camp with. We would love to have you join us sometime for a campout. My cell is 352-213-1102 and e-mail frankatp@yahoo.com. Hope to see you at Goshen.
frankatp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:24 AM   #19

Hi Craig, let us know where you and Ernest decide to camp before Goshen and we could meet you. We just made reservations for the Watkins glen/ finger Lakes wine fest. Hope to see you all soon.
frankatp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:40 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankatp View Post
Hi Craig, let us know where you and Ernest decide to camp before Goshen and we could meet you. We just made reservations for the Watkins glen/ finger Lakes wine fest. Hope to see you all soon.
Where are you going to be before Goshen and what direction will you be approaching Goshen from?