Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2015, 11:26 AM   #1

FR diesel division visit

Well I made it to Elkhart for some tlc. Dropped off my rig with Mike this morning and thinking of going back at 2 pm for the plant tour.
tnbendr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:26 PM   #2

Just returned from there this morning. Had some work done on my coach. Can't say enough about how great the factory support is. Randy and Chris once again did a great jod!
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 03:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman94 View Post
Just returned from there this morning. Had some work done on my coach. Can't say enough about how great the factory support is. Randy and Chris once again did a great jod!
That's good to hear, they're getting right to everything on mine also. I see you live in Michigan, since we are up this way, can you recommend sights to see or camps to stay in? We would love to see some of Michigan.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:29 PM   #4

How far up do you want to go?

Rich
Old 09-30-2015, 03:47 PM   #5

Quote:

Rich
Rich keep him out of the deep snow !

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 03:47 PM   #6

Quote:

Rich
Maybe not all the way north, but would like to see some nice coastline and lakes.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:51 PM   #7

Stay on the west side of the state. The coastline is Much better along that side. Many places to see and to stay. Lighthouses and museums along the way.
Kevin & Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 03:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin & Judy View Post
Stay on the west side of the state. The coastline is Much better along that side. Many places to see and to stay. Lighthouses and museums along the way.
Thanks K&J, my wife loves lighthouses!
Old 09-30-2015, 06:23 PM   #9

Absolutely, the west side has a great coast. There are many places to see. Close to Indiana is Southhaven and Saugatuck. Farther up Holland, Traverse City, Petoskey and Mackinaw City/Island. I am originally from Ohio and have just started exploring Michigan. It offers so much and has so much beauty, we have decided for the next couple of years we are going to concentrate on travelling here instead of going west and east as we have done in the past. The cities that I mentioned I have seen and can say they have a lot to do and are beautiful. I don't know how much color is changing north of here, but the fall is a great time to tour seeing all the colors. If you are a beer lover, there probably is no better single state in the union offering the number of quality craft beers/breweries that you'll find here. As far as campgrounds, I usually go by ratings on the web. If you go as far as Traverse City, we stayed at Timber Ridge and was really impressed with it. Any other questions, feel free to PM me or post.

Rich
Old 09-30-2015, 08:26 PM   #10

Traverse Bay RV in Traverse City is a great park. Also Hearthside in Petosky is beautiful. If traveling to the bridge try Mackanaw Mill in Mackanaw City. Nice place and a nice view. If going further Anne Osborne in the Soo is a good place to watch the boats go by.
Lots of other spots that are fantastic.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:42 PM   #11

Thanks for the tips, might have to make a run all the way to Mackinaw and then trickle down the West coast.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:13 PM   #12

If you are in traverse,you have a choice of an upscale rv resort (traverse bay rv on m-72) or the state park which is on the bay.The state park is a bit more "real" as I would call it and there is a walking bridge across m-72 to the park area on the waterfront.A drive up m-22 is worth the time. You could just stay in Suttons Bay (on m-22) and drive around the peninsula,thru North Port and visit Leelanau state park and the lighthouse.On the lake side of the peninsula camping atGlenHaven Dunes.From there take m-72 back to traverse city and 31 north to Charlevoix.When you get to Petoskey,get on 119 north to Cross Villiage,then up to Wilderness state park.From wilderness State Parktake c 81north to Mackinaw City.Check out Colonial Michilimakinak park.Historic Mill Creek State parkIs about 25 miles back south and east on23. You could spend 4 days doing what I just outlined and would not regret it. Ive been up here for 60+ years and there are a lot more great places to see and visit. You could spend a day out on old mission peninsula (on 37 out of traverse)all the way to old mission point. This is where the grapes and wineries are located.
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:28 PM   #13

That's great

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbendr View Post
Well I made it to Elkhart for some tlc. Dropped off my rig with Mike this morning and thinking of going back at 2 pm for the plant tour.
. Only problem I have is we should not have to go to Elkhart
Same with newmar. Oh boy we get to go to red bay, al
REALly!
SEAYALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:34 PM   #14

How exactly do you arrange for a visit to the factory. I have sent several emails to Randy Houser and never even get a reply. I need to have several small issues resolved in our 2015 38A, and refuse to bring it back to Dylan's RV for anything.
JIM9091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM9091 View Post
How exactly do you arrange for a visit to the factory. I have sent several emails to Randy Houser and never even get a reply. I need to have several small issues resolved in our 2015 38A, and refuse to bring it back to Dylan's RV for anything.

Are you sure you have his correct email. He answers email promptly.
Rhouser@forestriverinc.com

Old 10-19-2015, 06:14 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Are you sure you have his correct email. He answers email promptly.
Rhouser@forestriverinc.com
Phil, yes I did send them to that email, and requested read receipt but never even got that. I was looking at a Winnebago Forza first but could not find any locally, then saw the Berk 38A at the RV show in Atlantic City. It is very similar to the Forza and was exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately there were many issues when I first picked it up, and took 2months for Dylan's RV to address these, with Mike from Forest River supplying the needed parts. Now my AC runs whenever we select floor and vent, even in the cold nights we are seeing now. The roof vent over the couch leaks when it rains. The refrigerator makes a loud clunking noise whenever driving on anything but interstates. A few other things I want corrected as well. All in all I love the unit, and it performs better than expected.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:24 PM   #17

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1445297089.834343.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	92194

Old 10-19-2015, 06:25 PM   #18

Jim I can't send that info on a PM. This should get you in touch with Randy.

Old 10-19-2015, 06:57 PM   #19

Thanks again.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:14 PM   #20

Jim,
You need to set the fan to auto when you use the furnace. That should take care of your issue.
Congrats on your new coach and welcome to the forums.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel