Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2020, 08:38 PM   #1
2023 Allegro Bus 45OPP

Fresh Water Tank drains

After getting my Berk back from the dealer we went to a private campground (FL State CG's still closed) and I hooked up as usual. We left the CG for a few hours and when we came back there was water draining from the three drains under the water tank. Thinking these are overflow drains and a FB post seems to confirm however my Precision Panel states my fresh water tank is only half full. One of the items repaired at the dealer was the water pump. I searched previous posts about this and it seems that it could be a bad check valve? It was an older post and I am not sure FR addressed this in my 2019 34QS. I switched back to Normal and the water pump and the dripping stopped.

Any thoughts?
shepardmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 09:05 PM   #2

Some reports of the fresh water tank overflow drain being installed improperly and starting a syphon action if the tanks over filled. It then continues to drain the tank. Some have installed a shut off that once the tank burps back when filling they can go shutoff the overflow and stop the syphon action.

Can't remember who it was but someone with the same camper as I have had the issue and asked me if I had the same problem, which luckily, I did not.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:13 PM   #3
2023 Allegro Bus 45OPP

As a follow up, while using the water pump the drains dried up. So the next day I turned the city water back on and the dripping started up again but was significantly less. Not a steady drip, just occasionally. So I am going to repeat the process a few times and see if it was something to do with the selector valve...
shepardmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 10:02 PM   #4

If you are having 'city water' draining out of your fresh water tank, then your water pump check valve has a small leak back flow and is not hold the city pressure back. Do you have a pressure reducer on the city water hose connection? If not... get one on there as the water pressure varies from Campground to campground. Also turn the 'city water' off and run the fresh water tank water pump a minute or two to try to dislodge the debris that is at the the check valve. If the leak/drip still continues, when time allows you may have to take the water pump apart and clean the check valve area. If you do not have the time to clean out the check valve at this time, shut the city water off and just use the fresh water tank until you have time to clean the debris out. This is also a lesson to shut the city water off when gone or a sleep as too much pressure on your lines could blow out a line or blow out your fresh water tank.

imo.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, fresh water, tank, water, water tank