Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2017, 05:57 PM   #1

Fridge stopped working!

The full size fridge just stopped working! We have a 2014 390bh and the lights had been filckering for a day and it sounded like the compressor was making noise. Now it is completely dead. Anyone have this happen?

Mike
mikeborny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 06:09 PM   #2

Need more info like the model number and make and anything else you think might help.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:14 PM   #3

Are you on shore power? If so, make sure that you have power to the coach. I had an issue where the lights in the coach were flickering and it seemed that I had lost shore power and was running off the batteries.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 06:25 PM   #4

Connected to shore power and everything else is working. I thought it was odd the ice maker wasn't working when we started the trip.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:12 PM   #5

Mike,
I have a 14 390bh as well and have had 3 issues with our Res refrigerator, all have been compressor related. I think last year they finally got it fixed correctly. Yours sounds a bit different though if you have no power at all. The service facility basically had to pull the unit out to the kitchen area then call the Whirlpool repair tech to diagnose and order the correct parts to fix. I imagine if an entire unit went bad and was not considered repairable the windshield would have to be removed to replace. Hopefully yours is a simple fix like a capacitor, or something with the circuit board. Keep us posted and hope it is a quick fix for you.
CT Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:15 PM   #6

I hope it does not require replacing. It's going to have to wait until I get home to investigate further. Did you use milk crates to put fridge on when you pulled it out?
Old 04-19-2017, 10:21 PM   #7

I did not pull the refrigerator out myself but the shop told me they used a movers dolly on wheels to support it.
CT Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:43 PM   #8
Dragonship Captain

Which leads me to a question.... my fridge doesn't look like it fits trough the door....
Old 04-20-2017, 04:24 AM   #9

I had a compressor failure early on. During my one year warrantee. Whirlpool sent tech to my location. And put in a new compressor. My frig sits flat on the floor. Tech just put a piece of hard plastic plate on the floor and slid it out.

And for sure frig will not go out the door. I believe they remove the driver side window and take them out that way.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:16 AM   #10

Circuit board bad! Trying to get fridge out, having trouble getting out!!
Old 05-15-2017, 10:24 AM   #11

Got it out! Doors had to come off!!
Old 05-15-2017, 09:17 PM   #12

Turns out the circuit breaker was bad and not circuit board on fridge. Good newd was we had to replace the valve in back for defrost drain. Had power to outlet when we tested it.

Tags
fridge