Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2015, 07:14 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15berkxl View Post
I guess putting an extension on the 3 inch pipe is a user preference I have used the standard setup from the manufacturer on 3 different MH and never felt or required the need to extend it.

Wayne
I went back and forth on this before I added it. The rules when we park at some football stadiums specifically state that your exhaust vent must be "above" your motorhome. Out of the box the Gen-turi was a little short so I spent $10 on pipe/paint and added it so I wouldn't be a rule breaker.
Probably doesn't make that big a difference, but it makes me legal when we are visiting other campuses. The extra extension fits in the bag with the rest of the pipe, so its not a hassle.
baddmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:58 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddmann View Post
I went back and forth on this before I added it. The rules when we park at some football stadiums specifically state that your exhaust vent must be "above" your motorhome. Out of the box the Gen-turi was a little short so I spent $10 on pipe/paint and added it so I wouldn't be a rule breaker.
Probably doesn't make that big a difference, but it makes me legal when we are visiting other campuses. The extra extension fits in the bag with the rest of the pipe, so its not a hassle.

When you put it that way I guess it makes sense you must be legal. I don't take the Berk to games just NASCAR races and they don't care in fact no exhaust requirement on anything. They are good as long as we give them money to camp LOL.

Wayne
Old 08-05-2015, 02:41 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
Thanks for all the replies.

I am going to set it up for the first time this weekend. I have yet to get the extension as Home Depot did not have any thin walled PVC. I'll try Lowe's.

I'll see if I like "the look" without the chrome extension. It's good to know it will run fine going down the road without it.

Thanks again to all.

Ken
We use the Gen turi while dry camping, I keep the adapter on all the time and just bought a chrome exhaust turn down that fits over the adapter and drilled it just like the Gen turi. Simple to install, cost about $13 on ebay and solves all the issues. Looks nice too when not using the Gen turi.

Here is the description of the exhaust tip, the actual vendor was BearRiver Co., found them on ebay. Was delivered in two days.

1 3/4” 1.75” PREMIUM Quality Chrome Plated Steel Turn Down Exhaust Tip JTD134
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gen exhaust.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	84988  
Old 08-05-2015, 03:20 PM   #24

That's basically what I already have done I went to the local auto zone and pick up an extension that fits over the adapters for the venturi looks and works good thanks for the reply
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote