Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2015, 06:19 AM   #1

Gen-turi on the Berk

Anyone here use the Gen-turi on their Berk?

I have one I haven't yet tried to install, but I'm thinking in Goshen, I may have to put it on.

It appears that all you need to do it remove the chrome exhaust extension and clamp on their adapters. My concern is that once the adapters are on, how difficult is it to remove them to replace the chrome extension ?

Thanks,
Ken
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 06:37 AM   #2

I have the Gen-turi and use it frequently. I just leave the adapter on all the time.

I installed the aluminum clamps under the driver window for the bungee mounting system and I also added an extension so it clears my roof. (I used a piece of sewer pipe for the extension and painted in grey to match)
baddmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 06:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddmann View Post
I have the Gen-turi and use it frequently. I just leave the adapter on all the time.

I installed the aluminum clamps under the driver window for the bungee mounting system and I also added an extension so it clears my roof. (I used a piece of sewer pipe for the extension and painted in grey to match)
Thanks for the reply.

I want to use the chrome exhaust extension for running the gen while on the road.

What is the diameter of the extension you purchased ? I'll make a trip to home depot on the way home from work today.

I'm thinking of using those small dent puller suction cups on the side for the strap. I ordered four in case I want to put two closer to the top.

Thanks again !

Ken
Old 07-24-2015, 06:47 AM   #4

I installed mine on my unit with no problem at all. Removed the chrome piece and install the tail piece using muffler clamps.
I did buy from CW new suction cups with stronger holding power.

Wayne
Old 07-24-2015, 06:55 AM   #5

3" PVC thin wall sewer pipe with the flare on one end. I think I cut 2 ft or so and painted it grey. It slips on top on the Gen-turi and extends it above the roof.

Also, the adapter is an extension also. Once I installed it, there is is no need to swap it out with chrome extension. I have used my generator for over a year with no issues.

I also use suction cups, but I couldn't get them to stay on the side of the coach, so I made a bracket and used 2 suction cups that stick on the window. I'll look for pics and post if I can find them.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:05 AM   #6

The suction cups that came with the unit have never stayed in place for me. The new cups I purchased from CW seem to stay in place at least so far.

Wayne
Old 07-24-2015, 07:13 AM   #7

Here are the pics:

Old 07-24-2015, 07:16 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15berkxl View Post
The suction cups that came with the unit have never stayed in place for me. The new cups I purchased from CW seem to stay in place at least so far.

Wayne
I agree 100%. I purchased some plastic suction cups, pushed the pins out, and mounted them using SS screws to a piece of aluminum. I also made a bracket that a SS hose clamp attaches to and goes around the top of my Gen-turi pipe. I run this all weekend at football games and it is rock solid! (see earlier pics)
Old 07-24-2015, 08:09 AM   #9

Thank you VERY much for taking the time to post those pics and for all the info.
I will do a test assembly before I leave (I hope).

Ken
Old 07-24-2015, 01:21 PM   #10

Go to
Gostik.com I have it and it works great
jmgllt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:33 PM   #11

My question, does that GenTuri make an appreciable difference in the noise around the camp or does it just served take the fumes up higher
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:58 PM   #12

It helps gets the fumes out, when sitting under awning don't have to worry about CO from generator.
jmgllt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:23 PM   #13

The design helps vent the fumes up so you and fellow camper/tailgaters aren't breathing them. The Gen-turi ad says it helps with noise, but you can still hear it running.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:47 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
Thanks for the reply.

I want to use the chrome exhaust extension for running the gen while on the road.

What is the diameter of the extension you purchased ? I'll make a trip to home depot on the way home from work today.

I'm thinking of using those small dent puller suction cups on the side for the strap. I ordered four in case I want to put two closer to the top.

Thanks again !

Ken
We use our Gen turi frequently on our Legacy. I bought the Gen turi suction cups rather than drilling into the side of the coach. They work great. I too just leave the adapter on the exhaust all the time, has not been a problem. Suction cups are from Camco so they are available easily. Here is where I got mine:
Gen-Turi Suction Cup Mount 2/PK - RV Wholesalers Parts Store
Old 07-28-2015, 08:34 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnrick3 View Post
We use our Gen turi frequently on our Legacy. I bought the Gen turi suction cups rather than drilling into the side of the coach. They work great. I too just leave the adapter on the exhaust all the time, has not been a problem. Suction cups are from Camco so they are available easily. Here is where I got mine:

Gen-Turi Suction Cup Mount 2/PK - RV Wholesalers Parts Store

We as well use the adapter while driving. You do not need the chrome adapter while driving down the road.

Wayne
Old 07-29-2015, 06:13 AM   #16

Thanks for all the replies.

I am going to set it up for the first time this weekend. I have yet to get the extension as Home Depot did not have any thin walled PVC. I'll try Lowe's.

I'll see if I like "the look" without the chrome extension. It's good to know it will run fine going down the road without it.

Thanks again to all.

Ken
Old 07-29-2015, 06:24 AM   #17

Quote:
3" PVC thin wall sewer pipe with the flare on one end. I think I cut 2 ft or so and painted it grey. It slips on top on the Gen-turi and extends it above the roof.

Also, the adapter is an extension also. Once I installed it, there is is no need to swap it out with chrome extension. I have used my generator for over a year with no issues.

I also use suction cups, but I couldn't get them to stay on the side of the coach, so I made a bracket and used 2 suction cups that stick on the window. I'll look for pics and post if I can find them.
Could you tell me if you purchased the PVC at a local hardware store or something like home depot? I not having much luck finding it.

Thanks,
Ken
Old 07-29-2015, 06:36 AM   #18

Yes, I bought it at Home Depot. Its actually called 3" sewer pipe with belled end. Its thin walled PVC pipe for low pressure sewer line.

Old 07-29-2015, 06:59 AM   #19

Gen-turi on the Berk

I guess putting an extension on the 3 inch pipe is a user preference I have used the standard setup from the manufacturer on 3 different MH and never felt or required the need to extend it.

Wayne
Old 07-29-2015, 07:02 AM   #20

Quote:
Yes, I bought it at Home Depot. Its actually called 3" sewer pipe with belled end. Its thin walled PVC pipe for low pressure sewer line.

Thanks, baddmann....... I'm having more luck search for it as sewer pipe.