Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2023, 05:33 PM   #1

Generator Problem on 2022 Berkshire 40-D

My DW and I are on our way home from a great 2 1/2 week trip to the FL Keys. Yesterday, my 10kw generator stopped putting out power while we were traveling. It runs, but no power. When we stopped for the night, everything worked while plugged in to the 50 amp plug at the campground. Tonight is our last stop in Biloxi, MS. All electrical worked, including the 3 A/C units when we plugged in. The inverter still works while traveling. The coach got very hot while traveling in 90 degree Fla heat with only the chassis A/C The 45 amp main circuit breaker on top of the generator was still on and I tried to reset it, but no luck. As I understand it the main electrical switch (just above the plug storage compartment) will always switch to generator when it is running. When I plug into the campground outlet, I can hear it click. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated before we have to put our "Cajun Strudel" in the shop yet again. Thanks, Reggie Dupre
RDupre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 08:47 AM   #2

Generator Problem on 2022 Berkshire 40-D

There is a toggle switch on the generator control panel. Just above the hours display. Make sure it is in the on position. If it is not fully up into the on position, the generator will run but not send electricity to the coach.
BetttyReady20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 12:31 PM   #3

^^ x2

ceedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 02:19 PM   #4

I would check the 120v connections under the generator breaker.
Maingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 02:21 PM   #5

The terminal strip will look something like this.Click image for larger version

Name:	20230504_075237.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	288184
Maingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 07:54 PM   #6

Gen problems

What does it say on the precision Plex panel?
Trappfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 08:10 AM   #7
Commercial Member

I would try turning the breaker on the generator completely off then on again. If that does not work then like Maingler stated I would check terminal strip under the generator breaker. Make all power is off first
Lincman983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 07:24 PM   #8

Thumbs up Problem sovled

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have found the problem. The Precision Circuits display showed the generator was putting out 83 amps, but no power was was getting distributed. I used the circuit board to manually turn off the inverter. After that all 120 volt systems, including the 3 A/C units, worked on the generator. I may have a short in my inverter, but over 99% of the time we are either plugged in or traveling with the generator on. I guess I'm just an old Cajun who is not very tech savvy.
RDupre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
berkshire, generator