Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2016, 05:50 PM   #41
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_V_rob View Post
I don't know how or what a OP is that everyone keeps saying.

Original Poster = you

or

Original Post = what you started the thread with
Old 07-25-2016, 08:01 PM   #42
Site Team

Quote:
I do like all the dead back put I don't know how or what a OP is that everyone keeps saying. If everyone would read the original part of this they would see what this is really about.

Thanks
"OP" is a common forum abbreviation for "Original Post" or "Original Poster" depending on context. If someone writes "The OP gives details...", it means "The original post gives details...."

Oops... for some reason, I didn't see the next page and Ependydad's answer.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:31 PM   #43

Thank you for that
D_V_rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:44 PM   #44

Quote:
Bunci
Just so that you know also. I have to work. I can not get to the forum will I am at work, this is why I took several hours before I was able to respond to any of the threads.
This was not set up to fix my coach this was set up to show how poor the customer service has gotten at Forest River.
It has done that. Know it is time for Forest River to step up and start taking responsibility for the problems that there customers are having.
If you would like to reply to this just type Yes or No this will let everyone know how you feel.

Forest River Forums

Just so I understand you started this post in hopes that FR would react? You didn't ask for help but only to find like minded people to complain. I want to understand because several people including myself have attempted to help you. Just so you know FR is not the owner of this forum and most likely has not seen your posts.
I'm willing to help in anyway I can as everyone here is willing to. I will not however respond to anymore posts on this thread. If you would like help both technical and contacts at FR start a new thread.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:02 PM   #45

Not to here them complain, just to show people like yourself that there are a lot of people that are have Trouble with there coach and are no longer willing to settle for poor to bad customer service any more.
Just to let you know I have talk to Forest River today and they brought this thread up to me. So I'm very sorry to say they do look at it.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:54 PM   #46

Quote:
Not to here them complain, just to show people like yourself that there are a lot of people that are have Trouble with there coach and are no longer willing to settle for poor to bad customer service any more.
Just to let you know I have talk to Forest River today and they brought this thread up to me. So I'm very sorry to say they do look at it.
Sorry DV but you are complaining and also unwilling the answer questions which makes me wonder about your posts. What problems did you have that you left the coach at a dealer for 6 months?
Old 07-26-2016, 12:04 AM   #47

Let me ask these question. Do you own a coach? Is your coach under warranty? If you answer yes to the second Q. Then do you do your own warranty work? My last question is do you work for Forest River?
If you read my op you will now that with this thread I am not looking to fix my coach. I am looking to see how many others are having trouble getting help from Forest River.

Thank you
Old 07-26-2016, 06:06 AM   #48

Quote:
Let me ask these question. Do you own a coach? Is your coach under warranty? If you answer yes to the second Q. Then do you do your own warranty work? My last question is do you work for Forest River?
If you read my op you will now that with this thread I am not looking to fix my coach. I am looking to see how many others are having trouble getting help from Forest River.

Yes, I own a coach. It's in my signature and a photo of it is my Avitar.
No, I do not do my own warranty work. My coach is still under warranty.
No, I do not work for Forest River.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:12 AM   #49

Close this thread please

It appears to me that the OP is doing nothing more than trying to be argumentive and has absolutely no interest in seeking help
ShermanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 06:17 AM   #50

Found the answer to my question. OP had broken tiles and left it in two shops for over 5 months with nothing being done.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...nt-108543.html

Good luck DV, hope you get to really enjoy your coach. May your troubles all be behind you.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:13 AM   #51

Quote:
I do like all the dead back put I don't know how or what a OP is that everyone keeps saying. If everyone would read the original part of this they would see what this is really about.

Thanks

You D_V_rob ARE the OP.
Bunci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:17 AM   #52

Help from Forest River

I love my 8329SS Rockwood and yes there are always things that will go wrong but I have dealt with Mark Aikens at Forest River with an air bed issue and he has been more very helpful gracious to resolve the problem.
a05vma2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:43 AM   #53
Site Team

Quote:

Thank you
D_V_rob, the site team is going to need and step in here. We understand your frustrations, but the real purpose of these forums is to help one another solve problems. Many members here have really went out of their way to try and help you solve your RV problems, but now you state that's not what you want. You just want to know how many others are having trouble getting help from FR.

The site team fails to see how that is going to solve anything, and it is also questionable why you would think it could.

As you may have already noticed, it is frustrating to other members to try and help you, and then be told you aren't looking for help...... so whether you realize it or not, you are in essence wasting their time, that they could better expend on trying to solve other members problems, who do want/need help.

It appears that you may be wanting to vent, as much as anything. Venting is OK, as long as it is kept within certain parameters, but it usually almost always strays outside the parameters.

We have a few site guidelines that we use to try and keep this exact kind of thing from happening. They can be found here:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ork&page=rules

Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes: This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with sellers, manufacturers and dealers through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community.

Your thread appears to be more argumentative than purposeful, and as such may need to be closed for the sake of forum harmony.

Also this thread link below may help give you better insight on some things, even if not totally applicable in your current situation.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post665355

Thank You

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:37 PM   #54

Just like everyone else, had minor issues with my Berkshire when I took delivery but Forest River and local dealers went out of there way to ensure my coach was fixed properly and in a timely manner! My coach has never been in a shop more than a week.

Jason

2014 Berkshire 390BH
2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Boss (toad)
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:10 PM   #55

When I first purchased my Rv I had problems with getting service. I too felt like my unit was in for repairs more than on the road. My dealer kept my unit for several months and I paid quite a lot of money for service that was not done that lead to bigger problems. I had asked my service dealer to check all fluids,,etc. They did not add hydraulic fluid that was needed and on A trip quite a distance from home my slide would not go in. This lead to that slide creeping out even when I was driving. I missed the rally 2 years ago because I was afraid to drive the Rv. I was ready to trade the unit ( I also had the step problem). As a female driver that sometimes go solo I was stressed out on the road but I turned to this forum for support, advice and information. I contacted Randy and his team and I made a trip to the factory to get things fixed. Being a member of this forum I learned to try to go to Gaffney or an oasis dealer for chassis work, the factory or a rally for other things and my mobile tech. A fellow Berk owner had work down by a mobile tech and I drove 2 hours to have work done in their driveway the dealership where he works couldn't see my rig for 1 month? The key is finding good reliable service and sometimes it means dealing with a couple of service places until you find the right one.
I wish I could work on my Rv but I don't have clue but folks on this forum have helped me and I have an understanding of what's going on.
Owning these big beautiful rigs bring mixed emotions. We pay a lot of money and we want them to work the way they are suppose to. I love my unit when it is parked but my confidence has been shaken when I am driving because I am looking to see if that slide is creeping out. I still have a few issues that need addressing and I look forward to seeing the team at the rally.
As a new house settles, I think our units need the kinks worked out also. I recently told my husband I was going to trade for something smaller (when I am frustrated) and he told me no it is broken in and now he likes driving it!
Safe travels, Debbie

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 07-27-2016, 08:36 AM   #56

Debbie,
I too had kitchen slide problems with the '08 that I had and wardrobe problems with my '14. It took several local repair shops a number of tries at getting it fixed and I too had to go to the factory to get them to repair the hydraulic problem with the kitchen slide. After the repair, while we were traveling with my son and his family who was sitting at the dining table and he said that he saw the slides swaying in and out at the top as we traveled. Not wanting to put undue stress on the slides, I began using the slide locks to keep the slides in place. I found that this has worked for me.
Tom

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:20 AM   #57

Tom,
I remember the issues you had. You were willing to caravan to Goshen that year but I was too scared. My slide was fixed but now it creeps only when the jacks are being deployed. It is always something. I will start using the slide locks. Thanks!
Old 07-27-2016, 11:42 AM   #58

Getting Help from Forest River

Debbie when starting to use the slide locks figure out a fail safe way to not forget they are on. I have seen serious damage caused by running the slides with locks installed. Maybe a red ribbon attached to them or something by the switch to remind you.
Are you going to Goshen this year?

Old 07-27-2016, 12:19 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Debbie when starting to use the slide locks figure out a fail safe way to not forget they are on. I have seen serious damage caused by running the slides with locks installed. Maybe a red ribbon attached to them or something by the switch to remind you.
Are you going to Goshen this year?
This is what I did. I printed a small sign that is about 3/4" wide by about 4" long. I printed it in red (it says- 'Remove Slide Locks') and laminated it. I attached it to the control panel with velcro covering the buttons that operate the slides. So far, so good.
Tom

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:48 PM   #60

That's as good as a fix as I have heard. Really makes it idiot proof. Something I would need.

Tags
forest river