Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2010, 01:29 AM   #1

Getting Ready

House is in contract, selling all we can, storing as little as we can, bought jeep tonight and plan to head to MO to pick up our 2010 Berkshire after we close on Oct. 22, then back home to Columbus, OH to pack up the RV and go full time for at least a year with my wife, three kids (8,6,3) and dog and cat! Excited for this adventure!

We are calling it the "Thirst for More Tour" two-fold in purpose 1. Thirsting for more in our family spiritually, physically, emotionally, recreationally, creatively and more! 2. Meeting with anyone that will hear our message about Thirst Relief International, a non-profit we started 5 years ago and has exploded, taking over 140,000 people a long term clean water solution for less than $5 per person! www.thirstrelief.org

I have a lot to to do get ready with packing, selling, figuring out residency issues, homeschool stuff etc. but plan to be on here as much as I can to learn from the veterans and rookies alike!

Look forward to meeting some of you here and on the road!

Also, I pay my bills as a photographer www.davisphotographer.com so I'll be working from the road, flying to shoot and back when needed. I'm sure I'll have a learning curve on this!
jimdavishicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:05 AM   #2

Sounds like a great adventure, have fun!
BigDTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:26 AM   #3

Safe travels, Jim. We live down by Bolton Field, and have started our downsizing and breaking the news to the family. I think we'll be about 4-5 months behind you.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:47 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Here's a link to some helpful information. We just attended the seminar by Bob Marx at the Hershey RV Show. He's really a great speaker to listen to with some very insightful information. I jealous of you. We plan once I retire to go full-timing but that's still years away. Best wishes and congrats on the new Berkshire.

STFT - RV Life on Wheels

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:12 AM   #5
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Congrats to a fellow Berkshire owner. We are far from being able to do anything permanent for being on the road, but we have made the most of the time we have. My girls are 13 and have been in 42 states. We're hoping to hit all 50 before they go off to college. It is a great lifestyle and just a lot of fun.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielflading View Post
Sounds like a great adventure, have fun!
x2!!!!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
berkshire, surveyor