Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2022, 11:00 PM   #1

Golf Cart Lift

We are already pulling a full size Expedition behind our Berkshire XLT 45a, but was thinking there are times when having a golf cart along would be nice. If we are doing a short trip for a weekend with friends, we wouldn’t worry about towing anything, instead would put either my S4 Gator or our golf cart on the trailer behind the Expedition or my pickup and the wife could follow.

Saw one of these while at Southern Leisure Resort in Chiefland, Fl (!!!HIGHLY RECOMEND, GREAT PLACE!!!) and thought it interesting.

Has anyone had any experience with a setup like this?

https://hydralift-usa.com/golf-cart-lift/
GnKnTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 04:04 AM   #2

I have no experience with them but it looks cool. I assume it attaches to frame as hitch most likely would not handle the load.

Looks like you and still tow with it.

Old 11-11-2022, 10:04 AM   #3
Diesel Rep West Coast

Depends on how heavy the golf cart is.... usually the tongue weight is figured to be 10% of the maximum towing capacity... so a 45A, with a 15,000 LBS towing capacity would have a 1,500 LBS tongue weight... Just remember that doesn't mean I can put a 1,500 LBS golf cart on the hitch as most likely the golf cart lift is also going to weigh something... when it comes to the hydro lifts in the past a lot of people would add them to there coach for motorcycles... not an expert on them, but when they did install for motorcycles they were connected to the frame rails.
Eric B FR Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 05:57 PM   #4

How much do SMART cars weigh again? Just joking. It is pretty cool though.
Trappfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 05:20 PM   #5

The one we’ve looked at connects with two additional class Iii revivers mounted to the frame, making the tongue weight 900lbs per hitch including the cart and the hitch weight for the toad is basically the weight of the blue ox tow bar.
Old 11-13-2022, 05:25 AM   #6

Hi Greg -

If you haven't already, you should check out cruiserlifts.com. They make a golf cart carrier that allows you to tandem tow the carrier and a vehicle. The carrier has wheels on the back of it and the hitch passes through.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	What-is-an-RV-Golf-Cart-Carrier.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	253.1 KB
ID:	281505  
anaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 08:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaviator View Post
Hi Greg -

If you haven't already, you should check out cruiserlifts.com. They make a golf cart carrier that allows you to tandem tow the carrier and a vehicle. The carrier has wheels on the back of it and the hitch passes through.
I saw those, but at almost 67ft in length towing our Ford expedition MAX that adds length and turning radius that would make what are now tight spaces impossible! The thing I liked most about the lift is that it increases our towing length by 1.5 ft, keeping the tracking on the road tighter in a turn.

Tags
lift