Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2015, 08:26 AM   #41
Alleged curmudgeon

Paulie Boy - Am I missing something, or shouldn't your beef be with the Goodyear dealer which you praised above?
Nights camped: 2012 (29); 2013 (26); 2014 (40); 2015 (43); 2016 (35); 2017 (34); 2018 (39); 2019 (30); 2020 (16); 2021 (14); 2022 to date (12)
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:34 AM   #42

For most Class A motorhomes carrying a spare is very impractical. I agree with Paulie Boy that he got hosed by the roadside service that Good Sam sent out to him.

Paulie Boy, Good Sam has an action line that is similar to a consumer advocate. Consider telling them your story with just the facts and the charges you incurred and see if they will do anything for you. If nothing else perhaps Good Sam will quit using that company for roadside service and save some other RVer from the same outrageous charges you experienced.

You can contact the Good Sam Action Line online at www.goodsamclub.com/actionline or you can send them an email at actionline@goodsamclub.com

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:44 AM   #43

Good Sam Roadside assistance

Oakman, thanks I'll check with what you suggested. Vern, on the invoice receipt from the dealer there wasn't a price for the tire or any mention of a tire warranty. They did note a valve stem replacement for $9.15, not the $10.60 on the GS Invoice.
Paulie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:52 AM   #44
Alleged curmudgeon

Good advice, Oakman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
For most Class A motorhomes carrying a spare is very impractical. I agree with Paulie Boy that he got hosed by the roadside service that Good Sam sent out to him.

Paulie Boy, Good Sam has an action line that is similar to a consumer advocate. Consider telling them your story with just the facts and the charges you incurred and see if they will do anything for you. If nothing else perhaps Good Sam will quit using that company for roadside service and save some other RVer from the same outrageous charges you experienced.

You can contact the Good Sam Action Line online at www.goodsamclub.com/actionline or you can send them an email at actionline@goodsamclub.com
That makes the most sense to me under these circumstances. Good luck Paulie Boy.
Nights camped: 2012 (29); 2013 (26); 2014 (40); 2015 (43); 2016 (35); 2017 (34); 2018 (39); 2019 (30); 2020 (16); 2021 (14); 2022 to date (12)
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 09:19 AM   #45

Just an experience that says, "you can't judge..." Our 1st experience w/ GS was a blowout in a really bad, cramped, busy spot. GS sent "a guy" who was about 60yr old, short and skinny. But that little fella fished the spare out from underside carrier, changed it and actually carried the shredded one to his truck on his shoulder. We had a 25ft Hurricane, big tires! GS picked a good guy there, but I was sure fooled. No charge except $5 disposal fee. Have had good service from both AAA and GS but like GS coverage better.
Maggiewaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:20 PM   #46

Very disappointed with Good Sam Roadside Assistance. We blew a tire on our Rockwood Fifth Wheel at 8pm on a Friday evening (yes, one of those Chinese death tires). After an hour wait on hold for the very nice operator to try to find a tow truck to help us change tire, we were told it would be 11am the next day before they could get someone to help us. Stranded on the side of the road for 15 hours did not seem like an adequate response. In the meantime, a man pulled up and asked if he could help. He helped my husband (4 weeks post-op from back surgery) change the tire and would not take any payment. So thankful for our Good Samaritan but disappointed in our GOOD SAM roadside assistance.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:09 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everidge View Post
Very disappointed with Good Sam Roadside Assistance. We blew a tire on our Rockwood Fifth Wheel at 8pm on a Friday evening (yes, one of those Chinese death tires). After an hour wait on hold for the very nice operator to try to find a tow truck to help us change tire, we were told it would be 11am the next day before they could get someone to help us. Stranded on the side of the road for 15 hours did not seem like an adequate response. In the meantime, a man pulled up and asked if he could help. He helped my husband (4 weeks post-op from back surgery) change the tire and would not take any payment. So thankful for our Good Samaritan but disappointed in our GOOD SAM roadside assistance.
You should have called GS back and tell them that is unacceptable, ask for an authorization # and called a local 24 hr local tire service. It would have been out of your pocket at the repair but they would have reimbursed you. I had a similar problem.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:45 AM   #48

Try and find a tire dealer in NB anada (most likely like this everywhere) that stocks ST trailer tires regardless of size.

When i ordered a spare and rim for mine from a dealer here they said there are 4 in a warehouse in Nova Scotia - next day for delivery.
The rim was the next day delivery from Parts for Trucks.

some places said 4 days wait.

shameful with the amount of people hauling now a days that no one would stock at least a couple... even the RV shops refuse to carry them in hand.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:23 PM   #49

I received a phone call from Good Sam today in regards to my disappointment. I believed them when they said they would look into what caused the breakdown in their service. Things happen, I feel confident they will work to resolve the issue with the local tow service/ road assistance contractor(s).

On another note, we will replace all four tires before we get back on the road again!!

Tags
good sam

« DEF | Maiden Trip »