Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2018, 02:00 PM   #21

Normally, I like to link to an authoritative website for information that I quote, but I can't find a web source for the October 29, 2015 Goodyear tire brochure that I mentioned in my previous post. So, I'm attaching my personal copy here.

Note that Page 12 of the brochure describes a G159 tire that is 275/70R22.5. Right above it is a tire of the same size that gives approximately 300 pounds more load capacity for each inflation. Both have a maximum inflation of 125 psi. At 125 psi inflation, the first tire has a maximum single load of 6940 pounds, while the G159 has a maximum of 6610 pounds.

Page 16 refers to G670 RV tires, and the 275/70R22.5 is listed at 6940 pounds at 125 psi inflation. This tells me that the G670 tire had a higher load rating than the G159.

And, the G159 tire is pretty rare, with very little documentation on Goodyear's website now. But, from this and other Goodyear brochures, one can imagine that an RV owner might think that the G159 had the load capacity of the G670, since that is the one that is discussed most often. As a result, operators might not recognize that Goodyear has made it clear (at some point) that the G159 tires aren't as strong as the G670 tires.

–Gordon
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Goodyear RV Tire Brochure (original).pdf (3.21 MB, 23 views)
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2579202
Toad: 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4; Formerly: 2005 Acura EL (aka Honda Civic)
gordonsick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire