Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #1

Keyless door lock

Was wondering if anyone has installed a keyless door lock on the Berkshire. I was looking at the "RV Lock" but wasn't sure if it was an exact fit. Thanks for any help.

Jason
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #2

If the current lock/handle is like all (90%) of rv's out there, it "should work. I have not looked at the Bershire model yet. My RVLock worked on both my Grey Wolf and my current Columbus 320. Direct replacement, no modification necessary.
Master Blaster of the Navy
BigTJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #3

Please keep us posted on what you find. I too am very interested in keyless entry and even have been considering replacing the entire door if necessary to install such a feature in the future.
mjracsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #4

Keeless entry

I looked at the RV lock back in 2012. It had a smaller foot print than the lock on the Berkshire and I found when I remover the Berkshire TriMark lock there was no paint under it. I chose to go another way. See attached photo. FYI I did have to have to have an insert made for the door like the one forest river have made for the TriMark lock as the door is to thick for normal lock hardware. I love the keyless entry as now I do not need to carry the keys while camping.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Berkshire enhancements9-13-12.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	35428  
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
I looked at the RV lock back in 2012. It had a smaller foot print than the lock on the Berkshire and I found when I remover the Berkshire TriMark lock there was no paint under it. I chose to go another way. See attached photo. FYI I did have to have to have an insert made for the door like the one forest river have made for the TriMark lock as the door is to thick for normal lock hardware. I love the keyless entry as now I do not need to carry the keys while camping.
Looks great!!! Thanks for the info!!

Jason
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #6

Quote:
that looks like just a dead lock? does your door stay closed when you close it without locking? or do you always lock? like in the summer when the ac is running you would want to keep the door close while you go outside for a bit?
ex 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS
Himcules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himcules View Post
that looks like just a dead lock? does your door stay closed when you close it without locking? or do you always lock? like in the summer when the ac is running you would want to keep the door close while you go outside for a bit?
It is a dead bolt. I only lock it when I leave the coach. The original lock and catch are still in place above the dead bolt.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:28 PM   #8

Quote:
It is a dead bolt. I only lock it when I leave the coach. The original lock and catch are still in place above the dead bolt.
thanks. i see the original plate for stock door hardware now.
ex 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS
Himcules is offline   Reply With Quote