Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #1

Kitchen Slide wierd closing action

When our kitchen/sofa slide is out and we are closing it, the bottom of the slide seems to get ahead of top and the entire slide continues to close at a severe angle... We then have to stop, partially open the slide until the top of it "drops" into place (even with the bottom.. ) Then, by feathering the slide, we are able to fully close it....

It's at the service center now... Got a call yesterday from service manager saying they checked it out and this action appears to be "normal"... because the slide is so light. I countered by pointing out that the dining area slide had no such issues... I disagreed and told them to revisit the issue and to please find a resolution...

ALSO - the same slide makes a serious grinding noise when opening/closing... Was told by service manager that noise was caused by sofa trying to pull through the wooden floor of the slide and that they need to put steel plates under it to fix the problem...

Anyone else have these issues???
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #2

2012 390BH. My kitchen slide deploys at an angle too. The mechanism deploys from the bottom and pulls the top along behind. As I think about it, maybe some lube at the top slide guide mechanism might help the top move more easily and thus have less angle as it deploys.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:14 PM   #3

Something interesting

Just talked to service manager and they discovered something everyone might be interested in - my kitchen slide also makes a grinding noise as it opens and closes (as well as closing at a weird angle)...

In checking it out they discovered that my sofa was pulling through the wooden flooring.... Are putting steel plates under it to solve that issue.

You all might want to check yours....
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote