Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2015, 12:50 PM   #1

Leveling Retract Issue

Anyone have an issue with their leveling jacks not retracting all the way?

Mine will deploy from a fully retracted position, level the coach and hold level (no leaks). However, when I got to retract them, they only come up 1/3 to 1/4 of the way I end up having to manually retract them. They didn't always do this. They use to retract all the way back up and you'd hear the pitch of the pump change when they hit the fully retracted position.
RoamingEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 01:03 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingEngineer View Post
Anyone have an issue with their leveling jacks not retracting all the way?

Mine will deploy from a fully retracted position, level the coach and hold level (no leaks). However, when I got to retract them, they only come up 1/3 to 1/4 of the way I end up having to manually retract them. They didn't always do this. They use to retract all the way back up and you'd hear the pitch of the pump change when they hit the fully retracted position.
Have you checked your fluid level fully retracted? Also there is a warning about the systems below 30 degrees. Did you try to do a reset? I would call manufacture service they are very helpful at times......Good luck

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 01:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Have you checked your fluid level fully retracted? Also there is a warning about the systems below 30 degrees. Did you try to do a reset? I would call manufacture service they are very helpful at times......Good luck
Yeah, fluid levels are good. I haven't tried a reset. I'll give that a go. I need to call equalizer too. I've got a slide that pops out 6" after the coach has been sitting in storage for a couple weeks. I'll ask them about the jacks too.

Just wondered if anyone else had seen this issue.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:37 PM   #4

If I remember right a couple of weeks ago a guy was having the same problem with his slide, and someone else was having the jack problem. Sorry I don't remember the thread. but the outcome was good if I remember right....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:59 AM   #5

I had similar situation with the slide. They replaced the cylinder and check valves. They replaced other items too but those items seemed to be the culprit. All done under warranty.
Regarding the jacks, my slide would push itself out when jacked were fly retracted. I had to lower my jacks slightly when I took it to dealer to keep slide from opening about 6"-8".

All fixed and good now.

2014 Berkshire 400bh.
2014 Jeep Rubicon unlimited Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
sold 2014 Berkshire 400BH
sold 2014 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
grt1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingEngineer View Post
Yeah, fluid levels are good. I haven't tried a reset. I'll give that a go. I need to call equalizer too. I've got a slide that pops out 6" after the coach has been sitting in storage for a couple weeks. I'll ask them about the jacks too.

Just wondered if anyone else had seen this issue.
I would bet that your pop-out slide is the dinette one. I had the problem and fixed it, see.......
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ide-72424.html

Hank
I-RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-RV View Post
I would bet that your pop-out slide is the dinette one. I had the problem and fixed it, see.......
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ide-72424.html

Hank
Nope, it's the kitchen side. The dinette side failed completely two years ago. Slide was out and wouldn't go in. I ordered a piston and replaced it.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:49 PM   #8

Problem Solved

Getting ready for a trip to Yosemite and I've been doing all my "fix it" list stuff.

I did some troubleshooting and found that my pressure sensor switch on the pump was bad. It was always registering the Jacks as being up. Replaced the sensor and jacks retract correctly now.

If anyone experiences this same issue, the part# is Pressure switch #2047 and can be ordered from Equalizer. It's fairly simple to install.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:18 PM   #9

I had a problem with the lights on my Equalizer touch-pad glowing all the time.... Once the jacks were up and jacks were turned off, I still had a glow from all the indicator lights on the touch pad.... After being told I needed to replace the pad (abt $500 parts/labor) I wanted a second opinion.... Took coach to Motorhomes of Texas in Nacogdoches and they fixed it.... After a call to Equalizer, they were told my problem was a common one and it could be fixed by simply placing a plastic shim between the two main wires because they would overheat and cause the glow... The shim separates them enough that they no longer get hot ant the problem has gone away.....

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling