Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2014, 05:55 PM   #21
Cyclone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstnfmly View Post
The inverter fed circuits are on their own bus bar as you can see in the picture to the right.

Attachment 52111
Figured that is how it would have to be. Is your blank available off the main bar? I looked at using the block heater wire but all of the wiring below the coach is in plastic conduit. I determined it would be easiest to splice behind the cabinet, and at that point it made it worth while to add a breaker. This also made it easier to identify a tripped GFI by adding the outlet to the front of the bed pedestal where i can see it without opening the panel.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forest River Forums mobile app

Camping nights: 2015 - 19, 2014 - 39, 2013 - 48
beipers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:24 PM   #22

When adding circuits to the inverter, keep in mind it takes 120 amps of battery current for 10 amp AC draw. A few of those loads outlasts your alternator replenishment ability.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:02 PM   #23

beipers, yes the blank/open spot is off the main bar, so I'll be in good shape there. Did you put a regular gfi outlet on the side of pedestal and run the remaining receptacles off the load side? Was it relatively easy to route from the panel to the water bay?
rstnfmly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:49 AM   #24
Cyclone

Quote:
beipers, yes the blank/open spot is off the main bar, so I'll be in good shape there. Did you put a regular gfi outlet on the side of pedestal and run the remaining receptacles off the load side? Was it relatively easy to route from the panel to the water bay?
That's exactly what I did with the GFI. I wouldn't say running the wire was easy. I pushed the wire through the same hole as the other wire and followed the same route over the top of the transmission and into the RH side of the bay inside the wheel well. There was plenty of room to work under the coach. However, routing inside the wheel well was tough. Lucky I'm 6' with fairly thin, long arms. It may have actually been easier to route it through the LH side where the bathroom plumbing enters the bay.

One other thought. I re-balanced the load on my panel so that I am able to pull the maximum load from the generator during the winter. Before I did, I tripped the breaker at the generator because there was a significantly larger load on one of the legs. Since it is a single, dual pole breaker at the genset, I lost all power to the coach.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140511_093210.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	52221  

Old 05-12-2014, 09:28 PM   #25

I looked at the option of running the wire through the hole by the panel as you did as well as through the chase on the LH side. There is a lot of foam insulation where the wires go through the floor. Also, I noticed a conduit above the waste tanks on the pump side. I'll have to find out where that goes. I think that's the answer!

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1399947758.899893.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	52276

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1399947853.430976.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	52277
Old 05-13-2014, 06:32 PM   #26
Cyclone

Quote:
I looked at the option of running the wire through the hole by the panel as you did as well as through the chase on the LH side. There is a lot of foam insulation where the wires go through the floor. Also, I noticed a conduit above the waste tanks on the pump side. I'll have to find out where that goes. I think that's the answer!
Look up behind the manifolds on the left hand side and I think you'll find the conduit is just a chase to gather the wires as they cross above the frame rails. I ran my cross wire through the same pipe.

One of the reasons there is so much insulation is because it seals the large hole in the floor as well as the end of the grey flexible conduit that the wire runs in. Off you peel it back, you'll find that is where the wire enters that conduit. Replacing the insulation is no problem. I actually removed very little to run my wire.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forest River Forums mobile app

Old 05-14-2014, 06:28 PM   #27

I wondered if the conduit ran up through the floor or not. I suspected it was as you said. Unless there is a hole near the bathroom where the channel is, I'll probably route it the way you did.

Tags
2014, 390bh, berkshire