Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2023, 05:00 PM   #1

Lost a leveling foot pad!

So we were driving down US-90 somewhere between San Antonio and Big Bend and lost the foot pad on one of the rear leveling jacks. This is a pretty substantial piece of metal... It appears to have hit the oil pan on our tow vehicle, so we lost all the oil there.. Luckily realized it before we ran the engine too much....

Checking tightness on all the jack pads wasn't something I had on my pre-launch checklist, but maybe needs to be added. Has this happened to any of you?

Does anyone happen to know part numbers for the pads? Trying to find a replacement, but my Google skills are not helping me find the right plans for our MH... 2022 Berkshire XLT 45CA.
jons911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 06:12 PM   #2

Never had one come off, but had to replace one bent at a wheelstop. Link for my 10" x 10" pad (yours might be different): https://www.finditparts.com/products..._source=orders

Different sizes for different rigs. If unsure of part number, they should be able to help.

As part of my replacement project, I removed bolts from all jacks and rattled them back on with Loctite on the threads - cheap insurance.
Old 03-27-2023, 07:10 PM   #3

EQ systems
https://equnited.us/Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230327_200756_Bing.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	285171
Maingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 08:26 PM   #4

Awesome, thanks, Maingler!

Based on the diagram and parts list, looks like I need 1603 - Foot, 1638 - Plate Leg Bolt 3" and 1799 Cushion (I actually have the cushion from the last one, but easy enough to replace.

@DogFather - thread lock is definitely going on with this replacement and I'll do the other feet, too...
Old 03-27-2023, 08:31 PM   #5

Actually, I think it's part 1383 Screw - 3/4-10 x 1 1/4...

https://eqsystems.us/wp-content/uplo...ot-2001-R1.pdf

I'll call EQ tomorrow to verify.
Old 03-28-2023, 01:02 PM   #6

Elastic stop nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jons911 View Post
Awesome, thanks, Maingler!

Based on the diagram and parts list, looks like I need 1603 - Foot, 1638 - Plate Leg Bolt 3" and 1799 Cushion (I actually have the cushion from the last one, but easy enough to replace.

@DogFather - thread lock is definitely going on with this replacement and I'll do the other feet, too...
Maybe use elastic stop nuts, too. These look like the right ones.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 01:21 PM   #7

Had the same thing happen to me in Albuquerque 3 days ago. Hit some debris on the highway at 65mph. It tore off the foot pad in the front right, clanged and banged going on under the rig, then punctured the front right tire of the toad. We were 3 hours waiting for Good Sam roadside assistance to get the spare tire mounted. Then we had to go to a tire shop for a new tire.

We ordered a new foot plate from our dealer in NC. $57.00. We’ll get home in 2-3 days and then have it replaced.

Sorry about your toad oil pan. That may get expensive.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 01:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post
Had the same thing happen to me in Albuquerque 3 days ago. Hit some debris on the highway at 65mph. It tore off the foot pad in the front right, clanged and banged going on under the rig, then punctured the front right tire of the toad. We were 3 hours waiting for Good Sam roadside assistance to get the spare tire mounted. Then we had to go to a tire shop for a new tire.

We ordered a new foot plate from our dealer in NC. $57.00. We’ll get home in 2-3 days and then have it replaced.

Sorry about your toad oil pan. That may get expensive.

I replaced mine today. Easy peasy. A 15/16” socket, cleaned out the threads and the new one went right in. I also checked the other three. One seemed a little loose so I tightened it.
Now we are good to go.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 03:24 PM   #9

EQ Systems was super helpful, sent me a new pad and the right bolt to get it installed, free of charge. They have changed the design of those bolts -- now have some nylon inset on the threads so in theory you don't need threadlock... I may add it just in case...

Sorry to hear about your issue... losing a tire and stuck on the road for 3hrs is not fun at all... The Southwest is hard on RVs! At least ours...

Tags
leveling