Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2019, 03:42 PM   #21
2018 Sunseeker 2400W MBS

Thanks for the memories!

Thanks to 2flyingclouds for the wonderful and very moving "Rainbow Bridge" poem. Recently lost our black lab of 14 years almost one year ago today exactly, and couldn't help but cry out loud as I read the poem. Brought back so many fond memories of a loyal family member that cannot ever be replaced...

That said, the wife and I rescued a young 10 month old Australian Shepherd/Cattledog mix that we found advertised on Craigslist the day after Thanksgiving 2018, and I am now a FIRM BELIEVER in canine reincarnation!

Just goes to prove that wonderful saying, “Once you’ve had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.” Yep, you guessed it, she hasn’t even been with us two full months yet and is already spoiled rotten! Hey, what can be better than spoiling grandkids and puppies??? Life is good, but retired life with a new young (reincarnated!) dog to share your continuing RV adventures is heavenly! See you on the other side of the bridge for sure!!
Iceman from McMurdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 04:02 PM   #22

A sad day

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
Attachment 194699

We lost our Max last night.... He’s traveled with us his entire life and passed away from a stroke last night, which leaves us broken hearted.....

We were blessed to be holding him up to the end..... As many of you will understand, he was so much more than just a dog.... His love and companionship will be terribly missed....
I understand your pain. We bought our MBS 2400 so we could take our Jett everywhere we went. In Canada for a month last fall and he just wasn't himself, we were just thinking old. We left early just to get him back to our vet, but stopped in Kentucky for treatment. Home two days and he was gone, and have missed him every day since. Got a new pup, but the heart still aches. Prey he fills the void soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	108_4203.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	290.9 KB
ID:	194754  
Mtnman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 04:29 PM   #23

RIP Max.

His picture looks similar to Skip who was a Shepherd too. When we lost Skip we waiting too many years to get another dog. We tried iguanas, exotic birds and cats before getting our new boy - Gage. He's a rescue Lab/Pointer mix and has brought us so much joy we realized we waiting way too long to get him.

Don't miss out on another love of your life, he may be right around the corner even though Max can never be replaced and his memories always with you.
2003 Dodge Cummins w/Banks 3:73
CraigBean7672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 04:51 PM   #24

Losing a friend

It's a curse we humans have to bear - to lose a faithful companion and friend in too short of time. We lost JoeMax 2017 while workamping in Michigan and we miss him to this day. We understand your loss!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	p_00057.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	230.5 KB
ID:	194756  
gfarmcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 05:09 PM   #25

Sorry for the loss of your pooch. Cherish those memories because there is nothing like the companionship of a dog,truly a man's best friend....
LI Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 05:47 PM   #26

He is beautiful... sorry for your loss.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 06:06 PM   #27

So sorry for your loss. Words fail...

Those of us who take in furry family-members receive much love and happiness from them.

Prayers for you.

Robbie D. Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 06:07 PM   #28

What a beautiful Boy. I still carry Jake's ashes with me after 21 months and leave a cap-full and a prayer at every one of his favorite camping spots. I'm deeply sorry for your loss.
USN-RET/DOD-RET
mlmay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 06:15 PM   #29

He was very handsome, and looked very content and loved ❤️
Fluffywhitedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:10 PM   #30
Scoundrel

Those of us who surround ourselves with lives more temporary than our own live within a fragile circle that is easily shattered. The hardest losses that I've ever known were from the passing of my dog(s). My deepest sympathies for the loss of Max.

Rich J.

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:15 PM   #31

I have always said, and seen, from life experiences that 4 legs are smarter than 2. Max was beautiful and very smart. Sorry to see him go but I'm positive he would want you to continue spreading your love to other pets. May God Bless you guys. Best Wishes.
weatherguru1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:35 PM   #32

So very sorry

I can't tell you how very sorry I am for your loss. Time will help to dull the ache from your loss, but you'll be blessed with the memory of the life you shared.
SARDogDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:48 PM   #33

So sorry for your loss [emoji26]
nolanfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:54 PM   #34

He truly was our “Brown-eyed handsome man”...

It’s like we have a hole in our hearts....

We had him cremated today and will carry him with us until we discover that special “perfect spot” where we will lay him to rest with his “red ball”....
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:00 PM   #35

This was our fur baby. We got him as a pup and he turned out to be the finest dog I've ever known. He basically grew up with my son, and also gave my wife a great deal of emotional support. Like most dogs he had unconditional love to give and just a great personality. My wife and son adored him, I pretended to be aloof but I was smitten as well. He loved road trips and never tired of days spent at the beach.
After eight wonderful years we lost him very suddenly to spleen cancer. He was going in for emergency surgery and the vet didn't have very high hopes. I called my son at work to tell him to come home so we could see the dog before surgery, basically to say goodbye. I've never seen him so devastated. The vet soon called us and said there was nothing she could do, his spleen had burst and he was riddled with cancer, he had to be put down.
I held it together for my family, but the next day when I went to the vet to get his urn, they also gave me a plaster cast of his paw and a copy of the Rainbow Bridge poem, which I've never read before. I've never been a crier, but I sat in my truck and bawled my eyes out for longer than I care to admit.
I didn't mean to hijack your thread, but I can definitely relate to the sorrow of losing a great pet. I wouldn't have felt the same before I got, then lost, the perfect dog. It hurt far more than I expected.

DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:12 PM   #36

Ernest, your post has touched so many people. Your Max was a sweet, sweet boy who lived a wonderful life with you and went to sleep knowing that he was loved. So many dogs die with no one there to love them but Max knew he was loved. Though we can never give our dogs as much as they give us, thanks for giving Max a wonderful life. Please don't wait too long before you share your life with another dog. They will enrich your life ten-fold all over again.

2014 Rockwood Signature 8282 Ultra-Lite
2008 RAM 3500 HD DRW Laramie Megacab
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Grapehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:42 PM   #37
SafetyCamper

So sorry to hear of your loss of Max....

We have been down this road as well (we had a Max too), and unfortunately we will be in a similar situation soon again. Here's thoughts and prayers for support and know that the beautiful memories will keep you strong.
SafetyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:01 PM   #38
Happy Camper

Our pets are just "Furry People" in disguise.
Any loss is always a great loss.
Our cocker spaniel is over 12 years old now and started out with us on a 200 mile motorcycle trip at 6 weeks old.
The camper has been more fun since then and we are thankful for every trip.
Your loss is understood, appreciated, and condolences given.
Johntgif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:01 PM   #39

So sorry for your loss. Our fur baby has camped with us since she was a baby...she's now almost 10. I'm sure you're devastated. Cherish the memories.
Bbfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:52 PM   #40

sorry for your loss, we have been there also, Great Danes and others, i bet they are all playing playing together in heaven right now, miss my best friends
madatme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel