Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #1

Loud A/C Unit

We spent this past weekend camping at Ives Run. The a/c unit in the bedroom sounded like it was about to come off the top of the coach when running.

We are leaving this Friday for a week long trip to which our final destination will be Gulf Shores, AL. On the way home we dropped the unit off at Cummins in Harrisburg, PA. They are a Coach Care location. I called first thing this morning to see if they would be able to look at it before we headed South as we don't want to head South with only one a/c.

The had a cancellation and found the compressor assembly vibrates terrible while in operation. The phoned Dometic to check warranty coverage. Dometic is shipping some isolators to try before they replace the unit under warranty. Unfortunately the isolators will not arrive until after we are headed South, but at least we know we will have cold air albeit loud...

Old 06-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #2

Hey Guy, we also have a 2013 and the rear unit drives you out of the bedroom. What we do is turn it on an hour before bed with the door closed and then turn it off leaving the front unit on and the fan on low the entire night. We might need to get ours checked as well. gets hot here in Fla. Frank
frankatp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #3

There is a fix for that. It's a Dominic issue. They will change out the dampers on the compressor unit. I had the same problem and found out they have a repair for it. Apparently there was a few months of the wrong dampers put on the units. Once they were changed out it is much quieter.
klucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:06 PM   #4

This forum is awesome. I've been working through some minor issues one by one and the rear AC unit is one of them. I have the same problem. Did the dealer take care of it or did you call on your own?

Thanks,
JJ
JJvike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJvike View Post
This forum is awesome. I've been working through some minor issues one by one and the rear AC unit is one of them. I have the same problem. Did the dealer take care of it or did you call on your own?

Thanks,
JJ
Mine is going to be repaired under warranty at our local Cummins dealer that offers "Coach Care."
Old 06-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJvike View Post

Thanks,
JJ
I called the direct because my dealer is a few hours away. However they got me a local dometic dealer and verified the repair and sent the kit. The kit has new compressor motor mounts. It took 15 minutes to complete. Super easy but it works.
klucas is offline   Reply With Quote