Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2011, 07:05 PM   #41

The first time mine did it, it resolved itself. The moisture found a way out and the camera continued to work. The second time it happened, the camera stopped working before drying out.
RoamingEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:48 AM   #42

Well both the side cameras in my 2012 fogged up inside the assembly yesterday so it appears the issue still exists with the supplier. I did not take the time to look at the mounting yet. Any one who has subbed these out for new ones offer a comment on how easy they are to get to to change?
SinkorSwim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:39 PM   #43

I noted these problems and have similar myself, not bad yet. I located low voltage heaters on the net which can be secured to the inside wall opposite the camera. They are 1" in diameter or tiny wire units can fit into the enclosure. More research needs to be done but I'm hopeful this would work. The small hole someone noted inside is to relieve the pressure build up (sun) vs the vacuum of a cold night. Heaters would keep moist air out. Some of these heaters are called humidity heaters. I simply looked up "small 12VDC heaters" Of course inside heaters would be insulated and covered with a portable "can"
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU
I noted these problems and have similar myself, not bad yet. I located low voltage heaters on the net which can be secured to the inside wall opposite the camera. They are 1" in diameter or tiny wire units can fit into the enclosure. More research needs to be done but I'm hopeful this would work. The small hole someone noted inside is to relieve the pressure build up (sun) vs the vacuum of a cold night. Heaters would keep moist air out. Some of these heaters are called humidity heaters. I simply looked up "small 12VDC heaters" Of course inside heaters would be insulated and covered with a portable "can"
Followup to comment a week ago. I've since opened both of my side cams. There's plenty of room to mount heaters inside the housings. Seems as though if the camera space doesn't reach dew point with outside dropping temps then, condensation cannot occur. Access for wiring could be a challenge,
Old 04-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #45
10Isola

How were you able to get access to the cameras? I couldn't figure out how to open them up. I too noticed the fogging cameras back in the fall. My local dealer had them replaced with no warranty approval issues. They worked fine for our trip to Disney last week, but with all the prior posts I'm not confident they will hold up.
10Isola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Isola View Post
How were you able to get access to the cameras? I couldn't figure out how to open them up. I too noticed the fogging cameras back in the fall. My local dealer had them replaced with no warranty approval issues. They worked fine for our trip to Disney last week, but with all the prior posts I'm not confident they will hold up.
1OIsola,

don't want to be a downer but the same problem will occur with the replacement cameras. I replaced mine 3 times and the replacements would be ok for a short while and then the same problem would come back. I hope maybe your replacements will prove to be trouble free. If not, there is a rectangular piece in the housing under the lens (on the coach body side). Mine says Voyager on it. That piece pops off (be careful because there are 2 small plastic tabs that hold it in place). Once you get that piece off, you will see (if I remember correctly) 2 screws. Remove the screws and the housing will slide off toward the front of the coach. It's been a while since I removed the housing so if anyone else with more recent info can add to this, I would appreciate it.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #47

Camera access

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Isola View Post
Here's an exploded view of a typical Voyager camera. They also make them where the outer shell just "pops off" Best I can tell from looking at their website, once the camera is exposed, the protective lens can be screwed off for cleaning. Its the larger OD compared to the iris of the ccd. My cameras case just pop off and easily accessible. Either way I still wonder if a miniture heater would work to keep out moisture. In any case if moisture is seen, immediate disassembly and drying would probably save the camera. I looked up "minature heaters" on the web, there are plenty. tmmar discussed opening if you have nameplate in dwg. Otherwise it probably pries off like mine. Careful!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf vcms36l_r_installation_guide.pdf (222.7 KB, 71 views)