Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2011, 12:18 AM   #1
2011 Berkshire 390BH-60

My punch list

My dealer named it that. He said I would have a punch list of stuff. So here is my list after a week on the road and 2200 miles.

1. The washer/dryer - it washed but did not drain. I checked the hoses for kinks and all was good. I had to pull the washer out and drain in via the "emergency" drain deal.

2. The mud flap came loose on the left side. I drug it for who knows how many miles down the highway. Needless to say I need a new mudflap.

3. The day and night screen refused to go down when we returned. I had to pull the night screen down by hand to keep the sun from beating on the dash. At first it would go up then nothing. I rolled it up by hand. As I was driving down the driveway the nightshade came down! Thank goodness I was on my driveway doing 5mph. I taped it up and was on my way. I told my 14 year old that if it came down while I was on the highway that he had to move quick and do whatever he needed to do to get it up.

4. Coming home we encountered winds gusting from 30-45mph. The slide cover over the couch (drivers side) was billowing up like 2-3feet! I thought the wind was going to rip it off the side of the Rv. I climbed up top and with a hitch-pin, electrical tape, an Allen wrench and some zip ties I was able to keep the slide cover from billowing up. Carefree of Colorado need to have a fix for that!

Other than that it all worked great. There will always be something when it's new. I'm still happy overall with the coach
TaterColo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:18 AM   #2
2011 Berkshire 390bh

New rigs all have annoyances. Some are little and some are not so little. I belong to a number of different RV forums and on one of them owners of "higher end" coaches are screaming because their side walls and roofs are cracking and if they owned the coach for more than three years the company is saying "tough, just live with it." They will fix it at the company's headquarters at the owner's expense, but the first available appointment is in August of 2013. So I'll settle for our little annoyances on our "entry level" coaches.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #3

Just a note from from another new Colorado (Fort Collins) 390BH Berkshire owner. We picked ours up last September and had a few of the same problems you had on our inaugral trip:

1) Mud Flap - I actually caught ours fairly early and didn't completley ruin it - had to trim the bottom rubber off to make it look ok. I was told by Forest River that, if not covered by warranty, it would be over $900 to replace.
2)Night/Sun shade problem - we didn't have the problem while driving, but did thereafter. Re-programmed it and didn't have a problem again.
3) Drove throught 50+ mph winds and had the exact problem you had. We actually pulled over and waited the wind out - extended the slide and retracted it. The awning rolled up fine. We haven't had the problem again. Would like to hear if you come up with a fix for it. Its was completely nerve-wrenching having the problem. Like you, I thought the awning was completely going to rip off!

Anyway, hang in there - we absolutely love our rig. It's been in storage since last November, but we're about to break it out for the season and we look forward to many trips!
jhpete1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:13 PM   #4
2011 Berkshire 390BH-60

jhpete1 - You ever camp at Carter lake? We usually go there atleast 4-5 times over the summer. We like the campsites on the east part of the lake (all 5 or 6 of them). Maybe we will see you there.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:27 AM   #5

Camped at Carter Lake for the first time last fall - we liked it very much. With the price of fuel, we may be doing more local trips than not. Would be fun to see you there!
jhpete1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:44 AM   #6
2011 Berkshire 390BH-60

I just have to figure out how I will launch my boat. I guess a 12 pack of beer for the campsite next to me that has a truck!