Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2020, 06:59 PM   #1

Need a receptacle at dinette area

I've been trying to figure out a way to get power to this area - and am puzzled why FR didn't install a receptacle there.

I didn't figure out the routing but, better, I discovered a 120V junction box and receptacle cutout beneath the forward seat. All this was concealed below a sloping panel secured by two screws. Did they forget to install it, or just thinking ahead for us?

Thought some of you might be interested.

I plan to install a combo duplex receptacle w/2 USB ports - and will remove this matter from my gripe list. BTW, I replaced our 2 front receptacles with these. The USB capability is quite handy to have next to each of us.

Note that the cutout is 2" x 4" for an RV receptacle (w/no back box). I'll put my receptacle in an "old work box", which is 2.25" wide - so some slight widening will be necessary.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P9053551.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	356.5 KB
ID:	238463   Click image for larger version

Name:	P9053552.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	421.9 KB
ID:	238464   Click image for larger version

Name:	P9053554.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	425.2 KB
ID:	238465  
Old 09-05-2020, 07:09 PM   #2

You can buy a box called a anywhere box. Just like a nail in electric box just has small wings that fold out when you tighten the screws where there should be nail holes. Buy at h- depot,,lowes etc. Mark box size,cut ,push in box tighten screws.
Thomas ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 07:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas ho View Post
You can buy a box called a anywhere box. Just like a nail in electric box just has small wings that fold out when you tighten the screws where there should be nail holes. Buy at h- depot,,lowes etc. Mark box size,cut ,push in box tighten screws.
That's it. HD calls them "old work boxes" since they're installed after a wall is built and can't nail to studs.