Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2020, 11:06 PM   #1

new Brookshire 39 a motor home

On Mon Sept 14th, my wife and I will be taking delivery of a new Brookshire 39-A Motor Home form Barryland Campers in Louisiana. This is our first MH. We are getting rid of a 2018 Forest River Sierra Fifth Wheel. Do any of you have any suggestions on questions we should ask when we take delivery.
RDupre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 11:35 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi and Welcome to FRF!
I think you mean "Berkshire".
Be sure to check out the Berkshire sub-forum.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 09:28 AM   #3

Congratulations! We also had migrated from fifth wheels to a motorhome, as have many on the motorhome sections. If you check the library accessed near the top of the site I think you’ll find great suggestions. I’ve also seen some folks on here suggest videoing the PDI which I wish I had done. While many of the appliances are the same between the type of rvs, I think you’re going to find the motorhome chassis/coach much more complex so this is a great place to ask questions and find reference materials. That first year learning curve and de-bugging can be a bit trying even for an experienced rv owner, but you’ll love the coach and traveling in it. You made a good choice!
Old 09-11-2020, 11:41 AM   #4

Welcome

I can say that we are enjoying our 2020 Berkshire 39A. We had our share of "start up problems" but between the factory and dealer, we are good for now. Please take the time at the dealer to explore and try all systems while there.

Best wishes, happy travels!

Terry
taquarium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 02:47 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Congrats on your new Berkshire Motorcoach. The forum is a great source of info, tips and tricks. Like stated above I would have the dealer show how all the features work especially in detail the Precision Touch screen and how to heat/cool with the touch screen as well. I would have also have them demonstrate how to extend/retract the slide outs, awnings and other features as well. IF you need any assistance further down the road please don not hesitate to contact me at mwinterrowd@forestriverinc.com or my direct line at 1-574-296-9641. Welcome to the Berkshire family. Happy and safe travels and adventures.
Lincman983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 08:38 PM   #6

Congratulations on the same wise move that many of us have made. Two pieces of advice: Learn as you go. The forum for your specific coach along with this FR Forum are a goldmine of supporting information. (If it has happened to you, guaranteed it has happened to lots of others.) Secondly, make your MH your hobby! It takes a lot of care to keep it in top condition. Be prepared. There will be disappointments and setbacks, but those are minor when put in perspective with the joy of owning a solid coach, and hitting the road for experiences you will treasure for a lifetime. Happy camping!

Tags
roo