Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #1

New Coach is home

So we got the coach home from the dealer this weekend.

Picture here: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...html#post54713

Things mostly went OK. I have some odd inverter behavior I'm not sure is normal.

Once I start the generator and the inverter panel shows "AC in", I have some (not all) 120v outlets that blink in and out. The green "AC In" light also flashes quickly with the same frequency as the 120v outlets going out. Outside in the inverter bay, the inverter is clicking with the pulse of the green light.

After about 5 or so minutes of this going on, the clicking, pulsing outlets and green flashing light stop, the green light stays on full and everything works fine.

I also sometimes get a red blinking fault light (once per second) which indicates a low battery. I'm going to investigate this further to see if I've got a bad battery. However, the inside panel shows batteries are fully charged.

Interested to hear what "normal" behavior is for other Berkshire owners.
RoamingEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:47 PM   #2
Villa Estate 392FLFB

brand name regardless that sounds wrong. almost like one diode on the gen isnt working right. get a meter on there and do a voltage reading. if you get 100 and less there is a problem.
The_Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:52 PM   #3

I don't think it's the generator. It did the same thing when the generator was off and the RV was plugged into shore power.
RoamingEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:56 PM   #4
Villa Estate 392FLFB

if it does that on both gen and shore power then that is the inverter me thinks..
The_Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
berkshire, surveyor