Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2013, 09:39 PM   #1

No Berkshires at Houston RV Show

Just got back from the Houston RV Show and, once again, not a single Berkshire. Do any other shows feature Berks? I walked through Itascas, Fleetwoods, Tiffins, etc, and left liking my Berkshire more. Great fuel economy and more "bang for the buck" than any other unit.
Will
kingwood390bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:59 AM   #2

No Berkshires

When we visited the factory last April they indicated all current Berkshires and Charlestons being built were spoken for. When the economy improves thy will begin to increase production. At least that is the impression we left with.

Good Luck
AREA51
AREA51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #3
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Buffalo RV is running a show that ends today. They had a couple of Berks at their show. I was surprised that the Berkshires they had were all table and chair units rather than dinettes. Perhaps this is the wave of the future, but it seems like it would be a pain to take the table and chairs.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #4

Table and Chairs

wnytaxman,

One of the reasons we went to the factory last April was to pick up a table to match the 2008 interior finish. We have always been uncomfortable with a dinette, just not enough room for me to fit in comfortably. The Berkshire is our third coach and I was determined to have a table and chairs. After contacting them they had one made to match the finish in our coach and we saved shipping by picking it up in Elkhart. Because the were also doing some warrenty repairs they removed the old dinette and installed the table with the floor clamps, no charges except for the price of the table. We were treated extreamly well by the factory people and completly satisfied by the work thay performed. At last I can sit at the table and eat in comfort.

Good Luck
AREA51
AREA51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #5

Yeah I was at the Houston show yesterday as well and I left realizing just how lucky I am to have a Berk.... Saw everything under the sun, even a few FR Georgetowns, but left the show thinking my Berk was soooo much more of a Unit than most anything there....

Even toured a $567,000 Tiffin and asked myself why pay well over twice as much when my Berk basically has everything it had - except the ceiling fan - lol..... Much better fuel economy I'm sure....

Only major problem I'm having with my Berk is work is interfering with me getting to use it as much as I would like.... Dang job!!!!!
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:30 AM   #6

Of the features in the other units, I liked the televator the best. It mounts behind the love seat and contains a televison that is raised and lowered electrically. We have an in-motion sat dish that is useless with our tv behind the slide. I left feeling the same way ernest did...including the job part! Also, not saturating the market with Berks might help retain our resale value. Keep building them to order.
kingwood390bh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
berkshire