Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2015, 04:47 PM   #61

slides

Regardless some where there is a control center with fuses that power the switches for the slides, don't be afraid to remove control center cover and look
spidergolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 06:11 PM   #62

I ordered the relay online it should get here by mid week and I'll give that a try if that don't work I throw my hands up and turn it over to the techs
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 06:21 PM   #63

Just call Randy tomorrow at Berkshire. He'll be able to help you for sure.
2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.FB.
Ham KG5LTL.
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 06:49 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by accumack View Post
Just call Randy tomorrow at Berkshire. He'll be able to help you for sure.
That's what I will end up doing if the new relay does not solve the problem.

Worst case scenario is the RV shop about 5 miles down the road. While they don't sell any DP's, they are a forest river shop, so I'm sure they will get a go ahead from FR.

Thanks again to all who tried to help. When I find out what caused it, I'll make sure I post it here.

Ken'
Old 11-02-2015, 06:54 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
If wired similar to Georgetowns, you might have a breaker ( close to 100 amps) in or near the battery compartment that needs to be reset....
Thanks for the schematic, Fonz.......

There is one large fuse (with a plastic cover) and two smaller auto type fuses in the battery compartment. They all check okay.

Everything in the camper is getting power except for the slides. The Relay I ordered is only $4 (so I ordered two) and the only other thing I can find that would stop power from getting to the slides. I have high hopes this will fix it.

Thanks,
Ken
Old 11-02-2015, 07:18 AM   #66

Ken, did you test the output of your current relay while your wife pushes the slide button?
Karl4Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 08:20 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
Ken, did you test the output of your current relay while your wife pushes the slide button?

No, I sure didn't. I would not know what pins should read what voltage. A schematic would have helped, but I didn't have time to search the internet to see if I could find one.

But I figured for a few bucks, I would have a spare even if that's not the problem.

Thanks,
Ken
Old 11-04-2015, 05:10 PM   #68

Nope

Replaced the relay today and nothing.

I just sent an email to Randy and hoping that he'll say something like, "Oh yea. Happens all the time. Lift the XXXXXXXXX and you'll see a fuse.

I'll keep everyone updated once I find the culprit.

Ken
Old 11-04-2015, 05:31 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
Replaced the relay today and nothing.
Did the relay click or make any noise at all when you tried to activate the slide? If Randy doesn't have a quick fix for you, that is the next thing he will ask... Might as well know now....
HAM CALLSIGN - AI4SR
EE, IBMer, Race Car Builder, now Retired.
Jim Schings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:05 PM   #70

Hi Kenny,

Didn't you have your batteries played with for a starting issue? Maybe Freightliner touched the coach batteries and did not connect back up correctly. Your other systems could still work with low power but not the slides. You might want to first measure voltage of each coach battery to assure they are at 6V or a little more. Then be sure they are connected in the proper series/parallel combination.

My coach is put away for the winter and not accessible. Could someone tell me if the bedroom slides will move with the key on? I know the hydraulic ones will not. I am looking for a common wiring disable in the four slide design but can only find one for the hydraulic and not the two bedroom slides. I think bedroom should move with key on. This may help me sort out Kenny's problem.

Kenny - you said your jacks work correct? If you have not opened up the slide control panel yet I would do that. The switches have power at center post of each switch and it makes when switch is pressed up or down for in or out if I remember right. Can check with volt meter for signal. If they daisy chained the center connector one loose one at the beginning of the chain could disable all. Just check all the contacts and solid and in place.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pannel.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	93727  
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:16 PM   #71

Oh Crap .... Slides don't work

I just checked and the slides do not work with the key on. The motor doesn't need to be running just having the key turned one position will keep the slides from working. If the key is in the ignition the slides will work but if turned on they will not work.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 04:54 AM   #72

Thanks for the replies.
All batteries are connected correctly and all of voltages as measured check okay.
I have not even put the keys in the ignition.
I did pull out the switch panel and visually check all the connections but I will take it down again and do some actual measurements. Thanks Silver
Old 11-05-2015, 08:08 AM   #73

Thanks Phil that is good info,

There is nothing in the manual for the two bedroom slides regarding an ignition interrupt. The hydraulic are the only slides that have this feature. Forest Fiver must have crafted their own circuit. In the bay just before the water manifold on my coach near the ceiling are four relays. I never sorted out what they were for. Perhaps the disconnect power for slides? maybe there is a fuse there also?? You might want to look there and see if you have them. Make sure they are all well seated. The main basement on the water bay wall near ceiling.

You might also want to put the key in the ignition in the event the switch is funny. Turn on and off a few times.

When you look at the connections behind the panel press down on each.

Is there any chance a mouse or other little guy could have gotten into the coach and been eating wiring?
Old 11-05-2015, 08:19 AM   #74

Just a thought have you put the levelers down and then tried the slides?
2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.FB.
Ham KG5LTL.
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 08:22 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
Thanks Phil that is good info,

There is nothing in the manual for the two bedroom slides regarding an ignition interrupt. The hydraulic are the only slides that have this feature. Forest Fiver must have crafted their own circuit. In the bay just before the water manifold on my coach near the ceiling are four relays. I never sorted out what they were for. Perhaps the disconnect power for slides? maybe there is a fuse there also?? You might want to look there and see if you have them. Make sure they are all well seated. The main basement on the water bay wall near ceiling.

You might also want to put the key in the ignition in the event the switch is funny. Turn on and off a few times.

When you look at the connections behind the panel press down on each.

Is there any chance a mouse or other little guy could have gotten into the coach and been eating wiring?
There is always the chance one of the furry little guys got in. I haven't had one yet, and I do use just about every method to prevent them that are mentioned in these forums. I have baited traps everywhere and I'm not catching anything or finding any droppings or paper being torn for bedding.

I sure hope to get a reply from Randy later today.

Thanks,
Ken
Old 11-05-2015, 08:58 AM   #76

Ken,
Not sure how long it will take to hear from Randy. I sent him an email several days ago and as of today, have not heard back. Hopefully we will both hear soon.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:27 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Ken,
Not sure how long it will take to hear from Randy. I sent him an email several days ago and as of today, have not heard back. Hopefully we will both hear soon.
Ouch.

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I'll stop by the local RV dealer and have him get an okay to take a look.

Ken
Old 11-05-2015, 11:51 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
Don't you just love spell check sorry for the misspellings but I'm using the microphone on a cell phone and it doesn't always put down what I'm trying to say

LOL! You should see what comes up when you use the cell phone microphone with a Louisiana accent!
This might be a lame suggestion, but check the power to your shore power. We had that problem once.
Good Luck!
2011 Honda CR-V toad
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 12:12 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post

In the bay just before the water manifold on my coach near the ceiling are four relays. I never sorted out what they were for. Perhaps the disconnect power for slides? maybe there is a fuse there also?? You might want to look there and see if you have them. Make sure they are all well seated. The main basement on the water bay wall near ceiling.
Hay Phil,

While you are sunning yourself down in FL check to see if you have these relays I mentioned and if there are any labels on them if you would. I am just curious.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:44 PM   #80

Silver I don't see anything in that bay. I looked in the other compartments and don't see any box. I will keep looking but my knees are not cooperating so it's tough for me to get in there to look really good. Sorry.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out