RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 09-28-2015, 02:37 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-RV View Post
I get a feeling from this thread and others that many do not follow the Freightliner and Allison services schedules either knowingly or unknowingly. I agree that it is every owners individual decision concerning service, but I'd like to point out that while the large items like the engine and tranny are under warranty, should anything go wrong, the owners service records may be inspected.

As for this thread, the Allison 2500MH (which I have) should have its fluid changed (having Transynd TES-295) every 300,000 mi or 48 mo. Note that Mobil Delvac fluid can be used. The filter should be changes every 24 months if Prognostics are not turned on. Although my rig is a 2012, I called Allison with the tranny serial and I do not have Prognostics.

As for the Freightliner chassis and Cummins, service schedules have been supplied. I am attaching a 48 month schedule as an example. I have found that most truck service shops and even Freightliner dealers do not follow the Freightliner schedules, however Freightliner Oasis Service Centers do. I was given a service price from one local Freightliner service and then when I presented the service sheet; was given a much higher price - LOL

I feel that service decisions is each owners prerogative, but I suggest it should be a well informed decision with all the facts. - Hank
So Hank having bought the 2014 with 4K miles on it other than checking the fluid levels according to that sheet I should be good for a few years, unless of course the mileage goes crazy.

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:43 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5456Mich View Post
So Hank having bought the 2014 with 4K miles on it other than checking the fluid levels according to that sheet I should be good for a few years, unless of course the mileage goes crazy.
Joe, I am not sure what you mean being good for two years. Service schedules for items generally have a mileage limit and a time limit; which is in most cases 12 months (whichever comes first). For our diesel engine, the oil change mileage limit is 15,000 miles, but the time limit is 12 months. Myself an a lot of folks probably believe that well if I only did 3,000 miles last year, I don't have to change it. But if you are called to task to show your service records for a warranty coverage, you might wish that you followed the schedule.

I showed a typical service sheet for 48 months. There is many item to do. So you are not going to be good, there is many things that need be done annually (sorry to say) - Hank
Old 09-28-2015, 06:52 PM   #23

Ok, just scanned your link real quick and must have misinterpreted what I saw . My head is still spinning trying to read all this stuff.

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
Old 09-28-2015, 07:27 PM   #24

Oil change time!

I had the Gaffney FL service to my coach in June. The level of service was based on the manufacture of the chassis not the mileage. My coach is a 2014 but the chassis was released in June 2013. That being said the level of service was based on the 24 month schedule regardless of mileage.
Joe, when was your chassis released to FR.

Paul
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Paulie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:32 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Boy View Post
I had the Gaffney FL service to my coach in June. The level of service was based on the manufacture of the chassis not the mileage. My coach is a 2014 but the chassis was released in June 2013. That being said the level of service was based on the 24 month schedule regardless of mileage.
Joe, when was your chassis released to FR.

Paul
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Paul according to my paperwork from FR 3/30/13. Left FR 9/12/13.

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
Old 10-03-2015, 12:51 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
They started using the TranSynd in '08. I know this because my '08 had TranSynd in the transmission.
On my 2011, sticker says Dexron.... Mobile Delvac, I think.

Boowho??
kaymfischer is offline   Reply With Quote