Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: POLL- problems with Voyager side view cameras
Yes- I am having problems with my Voyager side view cameras 9 40.91%
No- My cameras work perfectly 13 59.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #1

Owners with side view camera problems - POLL

Please vote if you have Voyager side view camers.

Please go to the poll that was set up to vote.

Thank you.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
Commercial Member

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers, Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras and the Advent brand of appliances. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

ASA works toward continuous improvement in all areas of our product line, including design, dependability, features & function. We stand behind our product and will warranty defective product as needed. For any warranty assistance, please feel free to visit your dealer or contact our Technical Service department at 877-845-8750 (M-F, 8:00AM to 6:00PM EDT).

We appreciate any feedback that helps us continue to make improvements to better meet our customer’s needs. I will forward any suggestions on to our product development team.

jensenrvdirect
JENSENRVDirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:21 AM   #3

If there are any owners here who have not voted in the poll, I would appreciate it if you could vote so we can see if there is a real problem with the side view cameras.
Thanks.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #4

I have a 2012 with color cameras. So far they are great.
klucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #5

I also have a 2012, with color cameras, and I have no issues with the images.
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #6

I guess I messed up. I should have asked that only those with black and white side view cameras respond. If you responded to the poll saying that you are not having problems and have color side view cameras, please let me know by posting here.
Thanks.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #7

I don't have problems, but did upgrade to the color cameras..
amarzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #8

I have a 2011 with Black and White cameras and have not had any problems with them. I would like to replace them with color since they do not work well during the day in bright lighting conditions. they seem to work much better during the night.
csichoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #9

Csichoice, if they don't work well during the day in bright conditions, isn't that a problem? Just sayin'....
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #10

I thought the poll was just asking about the water and moisture problems some have had.
csichoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:35 AM   #11

Ah, I see. I haven't had problems like that either. I've just had the visibility in bright light conditions problem, which happens to be pretty annoying to me. Eventually I guess I'll get the cameras replaced, but that's not really high in the list now. I've decided I'm just going to have to accept that they don't work adequately in some conditions, be extra thorough with the mirrors and change lanes slowly.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:25 AM   #12

This poll at first looked to be flawed in how the queston was asked. I thought that it should have included only owners with b/w cameras but looking at the results you can cer on the small scall of responders that owners with color cameras are very happy and the b/w have moisture issues and all have wash out and glare issues. I did get better results with the setting on 8 for brightness and contrast but still do not think the b/w are the right product. The product reps have been helpful but it's a product that is what it is and not there problem. Forest River put this product in and they should have known they where not the ideal product for this application. I should have done a better job and known what I was getting. I trusted FR to use the best product and they didn't. They cut a corner on a B/W camera when the same manufacture makes a color camera that is much better suited for the job. Low for me to upgrade or will cost around 1300.00. I have heard from Jensen and was given a small discount and that is nice of them becouse it's not there issue. I love my MH and hope to have it a long time. I do feel that FR makes a good MH for the money I do wish they would not have gone the cheap way when it comes to safety equipment.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #13

When I first started the poll I didn't realize that the newer coaches had color side cameras. If I had, I would have stated that the poll was only for those with black and white cameras. I must however, disagree with your statement that it is not Jensen's issue. They provide the cameras and should make sure that they are suitable for the application that they are intended to be used in. If not, they should make that know to whomever is purchasing the cameras that there will be issues with them if used in certain applications. I was hoping that the poll would reflect the fact that there were a lot of people who had problems with the black and white cameras so that we could send Jensen and Forest River the results of the poll and possible get some consideration from them. I didn't word the poll correctly to limit the poll to black and white cameras only so those with color cameras resoponded favorably to the poll. It is obvious that Forest River realized that there were a lot of problems with the black and white cameras since they changed over to the color cameras on the newer units.

Old 07-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #14

Don't get me wrong I do believe the B/W cameras are not up to the job and do create a hazard if you depend on them to see traffic on the bright side of the MH. I'm sure you got the same offer of 15% discount if we want to upgrade to the color cameras eor buy the rest of the radio the Sirius tuner and antenna part if we do it by the end of July. That offer was from Jensen but never heard from FR. My dealer said that is how the cameras work. I did not mean to cut your effort down but I think that we are just screwed and that is the way they are willing to leave it. FR knows the B/W cameras are not safe or they would not have switched. I bought my MH of the lot so if was a option I was not aware of it. I don't have the cash to lay out 1500 to replace a system that I already paid for. We all know it's a rip off but it's what we are stuck with. I am very happy with my MH except for the Jensen part. My dealer is working to get free antenna installed if I buy the parts to make the Sirius radio to work. That's 200 bucks there. It would have cost FR less than 20 dollars to but it on when the MH was built.
I'm sorry but I still put most of the blame on FR for this one. I mean really putting B/W anything in a 40 foot DP in 2011 I didn't even realize it until on the way home with it.
End of rant.

Old 07-14-2012, 04:37 PM   #15

Before I consider upgrading to color is there ANY advantage to the black &white cameras? I only ask because I have several types of security cameras in use at my business and the ones that are most negatively affected by daytime glare actually have better night vision at least.
mjracsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #16

The black and whites on my unit do seem to have very good night vision, but I have nothing to compare it against. Perhaps the night looks so good because the day doesn't :/

Mine's one of the first 2012s off the line, so I guess they hadn't switched to the color cameras yet.

Also, with this many people responding negatively and with a Jensen rep notified, you'd think there may be some potential liability out there if there were to be an accident. I hope everybody's careful.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #17

I have had several e mails from Jensen about the cameras and I will let him or her as they where not signed pass them on of they choose. They had advice and testing to prove that there isn't a problem. I did adjust my brightness and contrast to 8 as suggested and I will say it did help some but far from being good as I I have been told the color cams are. I am very disappointed that FR had not weighted in. I have had some issues with my MH such as the drivers window and they have been very good to work. Overall again I love MH and plan on keeping it for a long time. I don't mind putting money in it to improve the enjoyment of it but this is basic function that I have paid for already.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #18

Poor quality picture

I think the quality of the black and whith rear camera is the monitor and not the camera. I had a Georgetown with the same camera but a different monitor and resolution was great. With the Berkshire the rear camera was useless. I upgraded to color and it is a little better but not what it should be. I have a friend with a Berkshire and he has the same problem.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote