RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 12-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #21
2014 360 QL

has any one put the carefree eclispe upgrade on their slide out,,,it is offered by sade pro ??? and if you did how did it work for you? ---- its a awning that bolts to your slide out
po 185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:52 PM   #22

I ordered a sun screen from shade pro. It gives me shade and room for chairs with our slide out.

62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:10 AM   #23

I also have a shade pro, it is very well made and easy to install. It extends your patio area just like the photo above. I could recommend them without a problem. They are a little pricy but you get what you pay for. Be Careful of what they call a drop. If you do not order a drop it will only come with about 6" of material before the zipper part. Wish I would have got a 2' drop now. would be easier to install the main portion of the screen.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:54 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62_inrightlane View Post
I ordered a sun screen from shade pro. It gives me shade and room for chairs with our slide out.

Looks great!! What is the length of that and what size drop did you add?

Thanks

Jason
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTN8 View Post
Looks great!! What is the length of that and what size drop did you add?

Thanks

Jason
Jason thanks. The shade is 17 ft wide and it has a total drop of 10 ft. The top section slides into the slot in the awning tube, and rolls up with the awning, it is a 4 ft drop. The bottom section that zips onto the top section is a 6 ft drop. I can zip the lower section on to the upper while standing on the ground.

I had grommets put every 18". I think they typically put them ever 36". I wanted them every 18" to give me additional holding power in windy conditions. I use bungee cords instead of rope to give the awning the ability to flex a little. I have had my awning out, with the shade attached, during 30 mph wind gusts without issue. Just make sure that when you have your awning staked down you turn off the auto retract feature.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62_inrightlane View Post
Jason thanks. The shade is 17 ft wide and it has a total drop of 10 ft. The top section slides into the slot in the awning tube, and rolls up with the awning, it is a 4 ft drop. The bottom section that zips onto the top section is a 6 ft drop. I can zip the lower section on to the upper while standing on the ground. I had grommets put every 18". I think they typically put them ever 36". I wanted them every 18" to give me additional holding power in windy conditions. I use bungee cords instead of rope to give the awning the ability to flex a little. I have had my awning out, with the shade attached, during 30 mph wind gusts without issue. Just make sure that when you have your awning staked down you turn off the auto retract feature.
Looks like you have a good system there. Could you tell me what you use for stakes in the ground. ALS, with the 4ft drop that rolls up with the awning, there is no problem with it fitting into the metal awning cover?
Old 12-18-2013, 11:27 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-RV View Post
Looks like you have a good system there. Could you tell me what you use for stakes in the ground. ALS, with the 4ft drop that rolls up with the awning, there is no problem with it fitting into the metal awning cover?
Shade Pro provides the stakes. They are about 10" long and made of a composite material (plastic). Stakes are well made and provide ample holding power.

No issue with the 4ft drop rolling up and fitting into the metal awning shield when retracted.

Tags
awning