Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2013, 06:51 PM   #1

Playing music from a USB drive

Just picked up our 2014 Berkshire and saw that with the Jensen JRV212T you could play music from a USB drive. I copied a good deal of music from my iTunes library onto the USB drive and it only sees one song. I have some play lists setup and it says that all of my directories are empty. Any suggestions as to how I can play the music from this USB drive or as to what I may be doing wrong?
Thanks.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #2
Always Learning

What file types was the music? Doesn't iTunes use some proprietary format instead of the standard .mp3?
Old 10-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #3
Always Learning

Otherwise, my *Genesis* unit can supposedly only deal with sticks up to 2gb in size. Not sure about your Jensen.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I found my Genesis saw the iPod Shuffle I loaded up with music as being loaded with videos instead when plugged into the USB port so it would only play one song at a time too. Had to use the 3.5mm aux in instead of the USB port because of it.

One of these days I need to see about pulling that Genesis out to see if I can replace it with a standard double din car radio. I had a Pioneer head unit 13 years ago that did everything the Genesis does, with a friendlier interface and less bugs. The only thing the Genesis has that it didn't was three different zones but it was capable of sending different signals (I.e. Radio and DVD) to the 2 zones it did have. It would be nice to let the kids have movie sound on inside while the wife and I have music on outside.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #5

I plugged the (Jensen Marine JIPDCBL12 iPod Interface Cable about $16.00) into the back of the unit and made a small hole in the spare switch block off plate on the dash for the end and plug my iPhone, iPad or iPod into it and the unit controls it so I can see my music on the screen and play it from there. Hope this helps and if you need pics or more info, let me know.

Jason
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #6

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1464396576.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	41552

Here is a pic of the JIPDCBL cable. Works great!!
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote