RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #21
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Oldest son doesn't like the looks of the rear fender cutouts because it doesn't show the whole wheel. Young punks (50 yo) just don't appreciate a lowered, skirted car, altho he did like my '56 which was lowered, skirted and with functioning lake pipes.
I agree with you - I never have liked the whole rear wheel look such as the Buicks had in the 1950's. But it seems like almost all the newer cars are like that - our 2013 Cadillac SRX Crossover included.

I never had Lake Pipes, but I remember them. Didn't they have removeable end caps?

You and I are a vanishing breed OC.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:31 PM   #22
phat phrog stunt crew
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: bethalto il
Posts: 1,422
got any pics of your lowered, skirted and piped 56? some of us appreciate the classics.
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #23
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynerz View Post
got any pics of your lowered, skirted and piped 56? some of us appreciate the classics.
The lake pipes did have removable chrome caps on them. Had power seat, tv and a stock looking radio with cassette player, power antenna, disc brakes and a lot of other goodies including a 0.060 over 350 with ported and polished intake and exhaust.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	56- Crowder Park 1988 1.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	40219   Click image for larger version

Name:	56- Crowder Park 1988.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	40220  
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #24
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
The lake pipes did have removable chrome caps on them. Had power seat, tv and a stock looking radio with cassette player, power antenna, disc brakes and a lot of other goodies including a 0.060 over 350 with ported and polished intake and exhaust.

Are those Dodge Lancer hub caps? I had them on my 1957 Chevy 2 door hardtop until some scum bag decided he needed them more than I did.

They were beautiful caps and very popular back them.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #25
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Are those Dodge Lancer hub caps? I had them on my 1957 Chevy 2 door hardtop until some scum bag decided he needed them more than I did.

They were beautiful caps and very popular back them.
Not Dodge Lancer caps, just flipper hubcaps, bought them new in 1987 NOS.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #26
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Not Dodge Lancer caps, just flipper hubcaps, bought them new in 1987 NOS.
OK - the Lancer caps also had the 3 bladed flipper.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #27
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
OK - the Lancer caps also had the 3 bladed flipper.
I believe the Lancers were 4 spoke and mine were 3.
57 DODGE LANCER HUB CAPS FULL SET 15"
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #28
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I believe the Lancers were 4 spoke and mine were 3.
57 DODGE LANCER HUB CAPS FULL SET 15"
I stand corrected. Thanks and still a beautiful hub cap.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #29
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,090
Was it that era Oldsmobiles that had the 3 bladed flipper caps?
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #30
2011 Berkshire 390BH-60
 
TaterColo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SW Denver Colo
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Just wiped the dust off the wheels on our "new" 96 Deville.

Just joshing you. Your wheels look great.
LOL! Looks good.
TaterColo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #31
2011 Berkshire 390BH-60
 
TaterColo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SW Denver Colo
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynerz View Post
got any pics of your lowered, skirted and piped 56? some of us appreciate the classics.
This is my lowered daily driver - 218,000 miles. Bought her in 2002 with 70K miles. If only I could tow it behind the rig...



TaterColo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
tmmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Long Island (Nassau County), NY
Posts: 4,325
Does anyone know if the aluminum rims on the Berkshires are coated with anything? I picked up a Mequiers kit (similar to the Mothers ball) that comes with a polish that says not to use on coated wheels.
__________________
Tom and Margaret
2014 Berkshire 390bh-60

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #33
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Does anyone know if the aluminum rims on the Berkshires are coated with anything? I picked up a Mequiers kit (similar to the Mothers ball) that comes with a polish that says not to use on coated wheels.
If they are alcoa wheels they will or should have a sticker on them that says "coated with durabrite finish"


Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #34
phat phrog stunt crew
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: bethalto il
Posts: 1,422
nice beemer. second pic shows it just about right
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Chrisbrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Atlanta / Kennesaw
Posts: 164
Send a message via Skype™ to Chrisbrock
They look like wheels off a newer body style BMW
__________________
Christopher Brock
2014 Sunseeker 3170ds
2012 Honda Odyssey
2003 Hummer H2
2003 IS300
Chrisbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #36
2011 Berkshire 390BH-60
 
TaterColo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SW Denver Colo
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynerz View Post
nice beemer. second pic shows it just about right
Yea I know. But I need a little clearance for the Colorado winters.
TaterColo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #37
2011 Berkshire 390BH-60
 
TaterColo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SW Denver Colo
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisbrock View Post
They look like wheels off a newer body style BMW
The wheels are from a X5 4.8is. I'm running 1.5" spacers to compensate for the offset.
TaterColo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #38
phat phrog stunt crew
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: bethalto il
Posts: 1,422
a buddy of mine is putting together a 39 chebby pickup, and discovered that 5 series wheels will fit small chevy bolt pattern (think s10 and camaro). actually looked pretty sweet. he used them as rollers around his shop. he had to hurry and get the wheels and tires he wanted as his wife wanted them back before winter (her winter set).
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #39
2011 Berkshire 390BH-60
 
TaterColo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SW Denver Colo
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynerz View Post
a buddy of mine is putting together a 39 chebby pickup, and discovered that 5 series wheels will fit small chevy bolt pattern (think s10 and camaro). actually looked pretty sweet. he used them as rollers around his shop. he had to hurry and get the wheels and tires he wanted as his wife wanted them back before winter (her winter set).
Tell him to look for staggard MPARS (make sure they are staggard!). They would look really good on his project. I saw a pic of them on a Nova and they really complimented the lines. I run my MPARS sometimes. Below is both wheel sets I have. Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1266837565.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	41560 Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1559655834.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	41561
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-975000676.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	41562  
TaterColo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
Chrisbrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Atlanta / Kennesaw
Posts: 164
Send a message via Skype™ to Chrisbrock
You could use it as your toad, just get a small trailer to carry it on
__________________
Christopher Brock
2014 Sunseeker 3170ds
2012 Honda Odyssey
2003 Hummer H2
2003 IS300
Chrisbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 AM.