Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2020, 08:14 PM   #21

Hello Again,

Thanks for the reply. How much would the part cost? If I have the part perhaps I could work with a local fabricator to make the cut (kinda reverse engineering). Depending on the cost, it might be worth it for me.

Terry
taquarium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:24 PM   #22

It's a lot simpler to cut the power cord and install male and female plugs. Get a female plug that fits through the port, but also has a folding handle to help you grip it. I bought the following one, but there are lots of others:
https://www.amazon.ca/Arcon-19194-Re...0398936&sr=8-9

There are two things to note when wiring these (and the Camco) plugs. First, the instructions tell you what pins to use for the white and green wire. For safety, you've got to get these right. But, I found that the spiral wrap of my 50A power cord made it essentially impossible to hook the red wire to the red terminal and the black wire to the black terminal. Fortunately, these hot wires are interchangeable in our 220V systems that supply 110V between either of the hot wires and the white neutral wire. So, feel free to swap red and black. Then everything fits neatly.

The second issue is that you need to be really careful to bed the wires down in place before you screw the plug clamshell back together. The screws that hold it are self-tapping into plastic and they will strip if you try to use them to pull the clamshell together. Once you've arranged things so that the clamshell closes tightly, you can tighten the screws.

–Gordon
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2579202
Toad: 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4; Formerly: 2005 Acura EL (aka Honda Civic)
gordonsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 05:27 AM   #23

Thanks Gordon,

I agree that may be easier, we have options.

Terry
taquarium is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power