Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #1

Prompt RV Sunscreen

I ordered these sunscreens after reading about them here. When I took them out the box I thought, this was a waste of money. Although they are a quality product they seemed heavy and just by looking at them I thought they would not be very user friendly. I ordered them with the heavy duty suction cups. And I didn't think they would be easy to install or that the suction cups would even hold them. Well boys was I ever wrong. We went camping along the Gulf of Mexico coast this past weekend, I installed them in less than 10 minutes. I did need a ladder, but I carry one with me, my wife had to help me with the larger windshield screen but I did the door and the DS window alone. We had a few rain showers and heat in the low 90's with strong gust of wind. The sunscreens held on and I never had to adjust them the whole time there. And we could tell a difference in the temps inside the cockpit area. I do recommend this product to anyone who was thinking about buying them.

And besides all that they look cool, my DW said it looks like the coach is wearing sunglasses.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2446669979.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	31998   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3611077156.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	31999   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-894615021.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	32000  
Old 06-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Looks good. I agree with your wife.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #3

Looks really great! I've heard the windshield one makes a huge difference. do the side ones also or not as much of a necessity? Been looking and comparing a bunch of brands and still unsure of which ones to go with. I especially like the fact that there is no snaps to drill into the rig!!
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #4

Looks very nice
billygo3251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #5

JTN8, you could probably do without the entry door screen, but I would get the DS window screen along with the windshield. Where I was parked the afternoon sun was shining directly onto the DS window and windshield.

And thanks for the compliment.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #6

Very nice. I hope a manufacturer will be at the good Sam rally next week. Every bit helps to reduce the heat.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:33 PM   #7

That looks like a seriously sunny spot! I never thought about putting a tarp under our outdoor mat..... that could be a very good idea...... Thanks!
Old 06-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #8

Clancy that spot, like all at that CG, are sandy with rock pads. Those tarps help keep the sand out of the coach. DW idea actually.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
I ordered these sunscreens after reading about them here. When I took them out the box I thought, this was a waste of money. Although they are a quality product they seemed heavy and just by looking at them I thought they would not be very user friendly. I ordered them with the heavy duty suction cups. And I didn't think they would be easy to install or that the suction cups would even hold them. Well boys was I ever wrong. We went camping along the Gulf of Mexico coast this past weekend, I installed them in less than 10 minutes. I did need a ladder, but I carry one with me, my wife had to help me with the larger windshield screen but I did the door and the DS window alone. We had a few rain showers and heat in the low 90's with strong gust of wind. The sunscreens held on and I never had to adjust them the whole time there. And we could tell a difference in the temps inside the cockpit area. I do recommend this product to anyone who was thinking about buying them.

And besides all that they look cool, my DW said it looks like the coach is wearing sunglasses.
Very nice. They look really great on you mh. Where did you purchase these? Oh, and what product are they?
Old 06-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #10

They are made by Prompt RV Sunscreens. They are located in Florida. They have a website but you need to call them to order a set. They shipped them to me here in Louisiana.

Here's a link to the website.

http://www.rvsunscreen.com/index.php
Old 06-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #11
Family Man with an RV

Send a message via Skype™ to doctormdj
Great idea. Thanks for sharing.
doctormdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:12 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
They are made by Prompt RV Sunscreens. They are located in Florida. They have a website but you need to call them to order a set. They shipped them to me here in Louisiana.

Here's a link to the website.

http://www.rvsunscreen.com/index.php
Thank you.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #13

I picked up my Prompt Sunscreens in February and love them! The make a big difference with solar heat gain inside the coach. Really helps the front A/C unit keep up. I covered all my front windows and windshield plus I had one made for the big side window on our 360-FWS!

62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:49 AM   #14

It sounds like they have a good price. Did you need to measure it out for them or just tell them it's a Berkshire ?

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:13 AM   #15

Phil, they had the pattern for the Berkshire, however just to make sure I also gave them the measurments of the side windows. Everything fits great.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #16

Does anyone know how the Prompt sunscreen compares to the Magna Shade? Other than the fact that the Magna is about $200 more, the magnet system looks like it would be easier to use. Although if the Prompt screen is easy to set up (with no holes required) then might as well save the money!
Old 06-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #17

Forgot to ask - do the suction cups of the Prompt system leave any marks? I'm just wondering what they would do to the paint if left on during storage.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #18

RKC02, I don't know any more about the difference other than suction cups vs magnets. I would agree that maybe a magna shade would be easier to install, however the Prompt is not that difficult and can be done from the ground. I carry a ladder so i use it and it makes the install very easy.

I'm don't think the suction cups will leave a mark or not. What I can tell you is at my summer place I have had the screen on for about 2 months and removed it earlier this week to wash the coach and windshield and it hadn't left any mark. Also no holes are required.

Also understand that the cups have a life span of about 1 - 2 years so they have to be replaced at some point depending on how severe the sun issue is. The good thing is they are easy to replace and cheap at about $1 each if you order extras when ordering your shade. I think you can also buy them at Home Depot or Lowe's. They are your standard 3" suction cup.

From all I've heard MagnaShade is a top quality product with a lot of satisfied customers.

Let me add that I'm also very happy with my Prompt RV shades. I found out about them from another camper who got his Prompt RV shades at the Tampa RV show this past January. He was really happy and convinced me that they were the way to go.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:23 PM   #19

I too was wondering about the MAGNA Shades vs the PROMPT.... Thank you for the input!!! I think I may also order the PROMPT shades for mine. My coach has not come in yet, (should be off the assembly line in about a week) but I special ordered it with two 15K A/C's to help keep it cooler. I'm also going to get these to help even more when we are camping in non shaded areas...

Thanks again for the input!!

Jason
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:45 AM   #20

are those suction cups only on the glass or are they on the paint?

if on the paint, do they stick on well if you have a good coat of slick and slippery wax on it?
ex 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS
Himcules is offline   Reply With Quote