Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2015, 09:20 AM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
Most dealerships would no be able to get by with 1 tech !!!
Do you not think that training a tech is part of owning a dealership ???
Do you want some one working on your RV,,, that knows less that you do ??? Properly training workers is part of owning a business !!!
Of course training a tech is part of owning a dealership but I didn't say that the dealership would only have 1 tech. I said that the dealership would not spend the money to train a tech on a specific coach. And which coach would the dealership choose to train the tech on? Each manufacturer does things differently and if I go to a dealership with my Berkshire and the dealer trained his tech on a Winebago, how would that help me? And, as I said, if that tech is doing PDI's, walk throughs, and repair work, that length of time to get a coach repaired would increase exponentially.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:30 AM   #102

YES the prep time would increase,,, but so would quality of the RV you took home !!!
It used to take me days to get Manufactured Homer ready for the owners !!!
But I very seldom had to go back !!!
Once a tech has been trained properly,,, most of the problems we have are the same no mater what unit it is !!!
Any thing is better than having a tech that knows almost nothing working on your unit !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:32 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
CR@P this thread is getting out of hand.
X10+

If we "bi***" enough, we'll all most like sell our rigs and never have one again.

Wait...... that would make me truly homeless!!!

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:53 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowho View Post
X10+

If we "bi***" enough, we'll all most like sell our rigs and never have one again.

Wait...... that would make me truly homeless!!!

Boowho??

boo, you truly have a way with words.

I think my Berk is great as far as the non problems I've not had. I just wish I loved the floor plan and the towing capacity. Those are really the only two problems I have to deal with.

I can't wait to see the specs on the tag axle model coming out. That might be my new one.

I'm sorry all you other guys have so many problems.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:08 PM   #105

I got a Berk 390fl because of the floor plan. It was the ONLY one that had the floor plan I liked.
And buying used was the right way to go for me so the original owner could work out the bugs.

2012 Forest River Berkshire 390FL
2013 Hyundai Veloster
jegstrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 10:56 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
boo, you truly have a way with words.

I think my Berk is great as far as the non problems I've not had. I just wish I loved the floor plan and the towing capacity. Those are really the only two problems I have to deal with.

I can't wait to see the specs on the tag axle model coming out. That might be my new one.

I'm sorry all you other guys have so many problems.
Yep, I love mine..... Especially when I put it on the road. Makes me feel rich and important; even though I'm poor and unimportant. Like waiting in line at Disney World and getting motioned by the staff over too a separate lane just for RV's.

My biggest beef is STILL that the carrying capacity was vastly over stated by FR. I've learned to live with it, but still consider it false advertising.

You DO have normal maintenance of a house too, BTW. And everyone expects it. Things break, even at home. Coach no different.

That being said, if I could upgrade to a luxury coach like a Newell, I would. But for what I have invested, it's the very best.

Oh, and thanks for the complement (?) BTW. I AM known to flirt with "crossing the line" fairly often. But I'm an old fart and can usually get away with it.

Boowho??
Old 08-21-2015, 06:36 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegstrup View Post
I got a Berk 390fl because of the floor plan. It was the ONLY one that had the floor plan I liked.
And buying used was the right way to go for me so the original owner could work out the bugs.

2012 Forest River Berkshire 390FL
2013 Hyundai Veloster
Haha, that may be a good strategy, I just didn't want to inherit any bugs a previous owner might have left!
tnbendr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:19 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowho View Post
Yep, I love mine..... Especially when I put it on the road. Makes me feel rich and important; even though I'm poor and unimportant. Like waiting in line at Disney World and getting motioned by the staff over too a separate lane just for RV's.

My biggest beef is STILL that the carrying capacity was vastly over stated by FR. I've learned to live with it, but still consider it false advertising.

You DO have normal maintenance of a house too, BTW. And everyone expects it. Things break, even at home. Coach no different.

That being said, if I could upgrade to a luxury coach like a Newell, I would. But for what I have invested, it's the very best.

Oh, and thanks for the complement (?) BTW. I AM known to flirt with "crossing the line" fairly often. But I'm an old fart and can usually get away with it.

Boowho??
I love your posts, can totally relate to all of them. We got a Legacy because the DW fell in love with the floor plan which suites us to a tee. I knew it was a notch below the Birk's, but we have been and are still very happy with it. I am retired and very crotchety when it comes to dealer repairs so I prefer to be as self sufficient as I can. Took ours back for a dozen or so minor items when it was delivered and they tried to talk me out of most of them, "claimed" to fix a few, and actually fixed 2. I just buckled down and handled them all and away we go. Off on a 2 month adventure around the US this Monday.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:14 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnrick3 View Post
I love your posts, can totally relate to all of them. We got a Legacy because the DW fell in love with the floor plan which suites us to a tee. I knew it was a notch below the Birk's, but we have been and are still very happy with it. I am retired and very crotchety when it comes to dealer repairs so I prefer to be as self sufficient as I can. Took ours back for a dozen or so minor items when it was delivered and they tried to talk me out of most of them, "claimed" to fix a few, and actually fixed 2. I just buckled down and handled them all and away we go. Off on a 2 month adventure around the US this Monday.
Thanks captnrick...... And just to go a bit further on "crossing the line".... I do apologize to any/all I may have offended here, over the years.

Don Rickles once said that it really made him feel bad if anyone was ever actually offended by his "shtick". I feel exactly the same way.

I know I hit 15berkxl here pretty hard here awhile back over a posting about pets. Once again, my apologies to Wayne. I was probably having a bad hair day.

Boowho??
Old 08-23-2015, 11:40 AM   #110
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
Sadly this is an issue in the whole industry. Disregard for the consumer...all they really care about is the bottom line for the stock holders .Doesn't really matter whether you buy a FR or some other manufacture.... they support each other and know we want campers.

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 07:05 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by campnqueen View Post
Sadly this is an issue in the whole industry. Disregard for the consumer...all they really care about is the bottom line for the stock holders .Doesn't really matter whether you buy a FR or some other manufacture.... they support each other and know we want campers.
Finally someone else sees it the way it is, it is unfortunate, but the dealerships and manufacturers work together and we the consumer get stuck in the middle, out of money and not enjoying the product we paid dearly for.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:43 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbendr View Post
Finally someone else sees it the way it is, it is unfortunate, but the dealerships and manufacturers work together and we the consumer get stuck in the middle, out of money and not enjoying the product we paid dearly for.

If you don't mind where are you with the repairs? Exactly what is not repaired and what is the hold up? You said that you had more than normal issues but have not said if they have been resolved. You also said that the MH has been sitting at the dealership. Is it not drivable? Waiting on parts? Dealers not doing there job?
I'm just trying to move this from FR sucks and I hate everyone to a productive helpful thread.
And yes I did unsubscribe but evidentiary I didn't do it correctly.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:38 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
If you don't mind where are you with the repairs? Exactly what is not repaired and what is the hold up? You said that you had more than normal issues but have not said if they have been resolved. You also said that the MH has been sitting at the dealership. Is it not drivable? Waiting on parts? Dealers not doing there job?
I'm just trying to move this from FR sucks and I hate everyone to a productive helpful thread.

X2
Old 08-24-2015, 09:59 AM   #114

We bought a brand new Sabre Silhouette 312RKDS unit on Dec 23, 2014. We have used it three times so far and then we had one month of down time to take it in for warranty work. We took it in July 13th with a list of 16 items that needed to be fixed ranging from stove installed crooked that caused the glass top not to fit correctly (sheared off the two plastic nut/bolt hinges), fresh water tank flange was never sealed at the top from the factory (when used the first time camping tried to fill water tank at campgrounds... had water running from unit), broken blinds, poor quality control with holes drilled randomly, etc... we just were notified that our unit was ready for pickup on Aug 18th. We missed a scheduled camping weekend and no one seems to care. It's going to be a call to Forest River Sabre rep because it's unacceptable to us that we paid that kind of money and are very very far from satisfied. I have been monitoring this forum since we purchased our unit and have not posted anything but the more I read the more frustrated I get. I have owned travel trailers for over 9 years and I know that there is maintenance and things go wrong but we purchased new with the hopes that it would be less and not more.
BuckyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:35 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyBadger View Post
We bought a brand new Sabre Silhouette 312RKDS unit on Dec 23, 2014. We have used it three times so far and then we had one month of down time to take it in for warranty work. We took it in July 13th with a list of 16 items that needed to be fixed ranging from stove installed crooked that caused the glass top not to fit correctly (sheared off the two plastic nut/bolt hinges), fresh water tank flange was never sealed at the top from the factory (when used the first time camping tried to fill water tank at campgrounds... had water running from unit), broken blinds, poor quality control with holes drilled randomly, etc... we just were notified that our unit was ready for pickup on Aug 18th. We missed a scheduled camping weekend and no one seems to care. It's going to be a call to Forest River Sabre rep because it's unacceptable to us that we paid that kind of money and are very very far from satisfied. I have been monitoring this forum since we purchased our unit and have not posted anything but the more I read the more frustrated I get. I have owned travel trailers for over 9 years and I know that there is maintenance and things go wrong but we purchased new with the hopes that it would be less and not more.

This is the Berkshire area you might have better luck in your specific unit thread.
2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.FB.
Ham KG5LTL.
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:52 AM   #116

These units just require constant maintenance to keep them in good working order.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:34 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Well, I can report today that Lazy Days has done a good job of getting my rig in and getting the dinette slide fixed. This of course thanks to Mike for pulling some strings and expediting the process.
As far as more than normal issues, I don't know what normal is except to compare with what I read on these forums. I have said more than normal because that's what Mike has indicated to me, now that may be quantity or it may be because some of the things (like this pulley bracket pulling out of wall) have been unusual. Yes, most have been resolved, but some have been there since purchase and are not keeping me from using it. And others, like the engine not starting have not been duplicated and is still something that has not been satisfactorily answered and which may or may not happen again. I think the drivable question speaks for itself, since the the slide was stuck halfway. By the way, I was the one who suggested to put some wood blocking on the inside to prevent the top of slide moving, so I can drive it to Lazy Days, since no mobile tech in the area would touch it.
Now Phil, I don't know where you are getting that I hate everyone, I can't think of anyone that I hate, hate is a pretty heavy word and emotion. However, this industry has some serious quality issues, to be sure. I don't see why we can't be honest and up front with that fact.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:35 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmaker View Post
These units just require constant maintenance to keep them in good working order.

Vin.
Maintenance and repair are two different things.
Old 08-24-2015, 02:17 PM   #119

Good luck with the LazyDays repair we had ours's repaired there in june 2012 took 1 whole month living in their parking lot and less than a month later same problems came back so we ended up at the factory taken care of in less than 3 days.
2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.FB.
Ham KG5LTL.
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:26 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by accumack View Post
Good luck with the LazyDays repair we had ours's repaired there in june 2012 took 1 whole month living in their parking lot and less than a month later same problems came back so we ended up at the factory taken care of in less than 3 days.
Well, they repaired it in accordance to the instructions given by the factory, so if they followed it, it should work. I asked them to cycle it as many times as they possibly can. I'd rather have it fail again now than later.

Tags
quality