Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2015, 02:33 PM   #121
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Talk about a thread to put you to sleep. What will you all talk about next when your done B *ing Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:17 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbendr View Post
Well, I can report today that Lazy Days has done a good job of getting my rig in and getting the dinette slide fixed. This of course thanks to Mike for pulling some strings and expediting the process.

As far as more than normal issues, I don't know what normal is except to compare with what I read on these forums. I have said more than normal because that's what Mike has indicated to me, now that may be quantity or it may be because some of the things (like this pulley bracket pulling out of wall) have been unusual. Yes, most have been resolved, but some have been there since purchase and are not keeping me from using it. And others, like the engine not starting have not been duplicated and is still something that has not been satisfactorily answered and which may or may not happen again. I think the drivable question speaks for itself, since the the slide was stuck halfway. By the way, I was the one who suggested to put some wood blocking on the inside to prevent the top of slide moving, so I can drive it to Lazy Days, since no mobile tech in the area would touch it.

Now Phil, I don't know where you are getting that I hate everyone, I can't think of anyone that I hate, hate is a pretty heavy word and emotion. However, this industry has some serious quality issues, to be sure. I don't see why we can't be honest and up front with that fact.

Great to hear that the repairs are done and you are back to enjoying your MH.
When I used the word hate it was more the tone of the entire thread and never said or implied that you yourself hated anyone.
I understand and appreciate the issues that it seems so many go through with a new rig. The problem is that everyone piles on and some folks don't always tell the whole store. Always is two sides remember. Also it always seems that one persons issues are then taken up by others and the next thing you know FR is CRAP and I believe that that is just not true. Some of the comments posted on this thread and other ones going on are close to slander. You stands up for FR. Who tells there side. They of course can't.
Good luck and let me know if I can help with anything.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:24 PM   #123
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
... Always is two sides remember...
Slight correction, 3 sides, my side, your side and the truth. (my Grandpappy again)
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 05:39 PM   #124

tnbendr, reading that your dealer is Lazy Days may be the reason for some of your problems and the length of time it takes to get things done. I have no personal experience with them but I have read nothing good about them.

I'm glad you got your issues taken care of. Now go enjoy that coach.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:49 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Slight correction, 3 sides, my side, your side and the truth. (my Grandpappy again)

OC your Grandpappy was a smart guy.

Old 08-24-2015, 06:39 PM   #126

Quote:
Great to hear that the repairs are done and you are back to enjoying your MH.
When I used the word hate it was more the tone of the entire thread and never said or implied that you yourself hated anyone.
I understand and appreciate the issues that it seems so many go through with a new rig. The problem is that everyone piles on and some folks don't always tell the whole store. Always is two sides remember. Also it always seems that one persons issues are then taken up by others and the next thing you know FR is CRAP and I believe that that is just not true. Some of the comments posted on this thread and other ones going on are close to slander. You stands up for FR. Who tells there side. They of course can't.
Good luck and let me know if I can help with anything.
Thanks Phil, we'll pick it up in the morning, get things loaded and do our fit check for the toad we just bought to make sure it all works good. So in a couple of days we'll head north.

CC, Lazy Days is not our dealer, we are visiting in the Tampa area and that's where FR prefers to do business with vice Camping World here. We bought at MHSRV in Alvarado, TX.
tnbendr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:45 PM   #127

I see, well that sucks. I've read good reviews on MHSRV.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:58 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
I see, well that sucks. I've read good reviews on MHSRV.
I would have to agree with the reviews on MHSRV for the most part, it took them 4 days to get me going when we bought and except for a few repairs that I felt I needed to insert myself into, they did a pretty good job. But that is my whole point here, these were all factory installation issues that had to be fixed. It never should have left Elkhart, IN in that condition
tnbendr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:14 PM   #129

We bought ours new at MHSRV in 2011. They have no service my battery compartment was a mess I ended up cleaning it myself. The leveler control panel stopped working when they were showing how it worked. A coupe of months later I found they stuffed the wire into the connector instead of repairing it properly. They have good prices but everything else stunk!
2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.FB.
Ham KG5LTL.
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 07:25 AM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbendr View Post
Maintenance and repair are two different things.
RIGHT ON tnbendr !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 07:45 AM   #131

It should be a warning sign when a bottom rung dealer like Camping World cannot come to terms with Forest River and stops selling their products. Yes Forest River is on the front end inexpensive, but only on the front end. Buyers need to be reminded, you truly do get what you pay for and not all manufactures build junk…but you have to be willing to pay for it, even if it means hunting down a slightly used quality brand.
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:06 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgray View Post
It should be a warning sign when a bottom rung dealer like Camping World cannot come to terms with Forest River and stops selling their products. Yes Forest River is on the front end inexpensive, but only on the front end. Buyers need to be reminded, you truly do get what you pay for and not all manufactures build junk…but you have to be willing to pay for it, even if it means hunting down a slightly used quality brand.

This is not totally true. EVERY RV manufacturer has their fair share of problems. If it were true a person could buy a Newell and expect NO problems whatsoever. We all know that's not going to happen.

Go read any other manufacturer's forum and you will read about all the problems those RV's have.

Can you name one of the quality brands you are speaking of?

If you can, I bet I can find numerous problems with it.

If this thread is being kept alive so we can get to a means of an end then let's keep the statements as true as possible. Otherwise this is just another "I hate FR, but I own one" thread.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:12 PM   #133

Quality and Workmanship is CR@P!

Every post in the last few days that mention Face Book or FR Berkshire Owners has been deleted so maybe this one will be as well if not and the delete me I will be back as Phil58. And you all thought the 57 was my birth year. LOL

Old 08-25-2015, 10:22 PM   #134

Quality and Workmanship is CR@P!

Phil you are hilarious.....hahahahaha

You must have your own private admin like me......lol

By the way I sent a request to join you know what on you know what.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:37 AM   #135

Quote:
Every post in the last few days that mention Face Book or FR Berkshire Owners has been deleted so maybe this one will be as well if not and the delete me I will be back as Phil58. And you all thought the 57 was my birth year. LOL

Main reason I don't signup to you know what lol.

Wayne
Old 08-29-2015, 07:10 PM   #136

Quote:

????????????? P.M. Maybe??

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:16 AM   #137

My kids & Grandkids tried to get me to sign up on FB several years back,,,
When saw how much Info they wanted,,, I said H no !!!
If you wanted to communicate with me,,, email woks well !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 10:52 AM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
Phil you are hilarious.....hahahahaha

You must have your own private admin like me......lol

By the way I sent a request to join you know what on you know what.
Me too..... Is this supposed to be an anti-FB site?

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:09 PM   #139
Site Team

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by boowho View Post
Me too..... Is this supposed to be an anti-FB site?

Boowho??
We have site guidelines that the site team tries to be as flexible as possible with. However, some members want to blatantly violate them or push the envelope, and think that what works best for the whole community in general shouldn't necessarily apply to them.

If you notice one of your posts removed/edited, then it was most likely a guideline violation.

Here is a link to them.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ork&page=rules

Soliciting members here to join Facebook groups is expressly a no-no, as per below. We will delete posts, signature line links, etc. violating this.

Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit. The use of Forest River Forums to solicit members and/or customers for other groups, lists or businesses is expressly forbidden.

As stated, we try to be flexible, and not heavy handed. However, technically this entire thread could be against the guidelines below.

Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes: This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with sellers, manufacturers and dealers through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community.

We think we have the best community of great members... and absolutely the best RV informational/DIY forum on the internet. Please help us keep it that way. Please be respectful of other members and the guidelines here that insure it.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:21 PM   #140

I understand completely and I do not want this forum to be used in that way.
The problem is we all have many friends on this forum and we enjoy talking here. We also have FB accounts and we like to talk there also. It is very difficult to contact people and let them know that we can talk there also.
That said I have refrained from putting a link on here respecting the rules. We did have a little fun at your expense and I apologize.

Tags
quality