Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2015, 12:05 PM   #21
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Saw this on another thread, but this explains most of us: "What can I say, I like 'em tight. I did scare the GF when I tried to rig the TT for silent ops by turning off the A/C and unplugging the microwave, rigged for dive by shutting all the doors and windows, but she really doesn't like when I tell her we are hot racking and I call her my "rack mate". Damn civies..."

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Finally completed all State visits in August 2011 with a trip to North Dakota.
Superchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 12:14 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchief View Post
Saw this on another thread, but this explains most of us: "What can I say, I like 'em tight. I did scare the GF when I tried to rig the TT for silent ops by turning off the A/C and unplugging the microwave, rigged for dive by shutting all the doors and windows, but she really doesn't like when I tell her we are hot racking and I call her my "rack mate". Damn civies..."

Try that with Sharon and you will be looking for a tent to pitch. We will turn you into a grunt yet Craig!

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 03:40 PM   #23
Just Dreamin

Thumbs up Upgrades

Hi all, I have a 2008 FR Berkshire 360QS and I have had it weighed. It has the Mercedes engine and the axles are rated at 10410 lbs (front) and 19000 lbs (rear). The coach had almost a full fuel tank, no water, DW and I and some camping gear (winterized) and the weights were 9200 lbs (front) and 16900 lbs (rear) for a total of 26100 lbs total. With a max of 29410 that leaves me with 3300 lbs for cargo, water, etc. In your opinion's should I contact FR and inquire about the air bag upgrade and what do you think my chances are? I am upgrading the tire to 275's in the spring as the originals are timed out so they will only need to cover the air bags. I have been reading the tire upgrade is to 275/80 and I am putting 275/70 as they are closer to the 255/80 in diameter and width. Who would be the best person to contact at FR? Thanks in advance and sorry about being long winded.
dreamin533 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 03:47 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamin533 View Post
Hi all, I have a 2008 FR Berkshire 360QS and I have had it weighed. It has the Mercedes engine and the axles are rated at 10410 lbs (front) and 19000 lbs (rear). The coach had almost a full fuel tank, no water, DW and I and some camping gear (winterized) and the weights were 9200 lbs (front) and 16900 lbs (rear) for a total of 26100 lbs total. With a max of 29410 that leaves me with 3300 lbs for cargo, water, etc. In your opinion's should I contact FR and inquire about the air bag upgrade and what do you think my chances are? I am upgrading the tire to 275's in the spring as the originals are timed out so they will only need to cover the air bags. I have been reading the tire upgrade is to 275/80 and I am putting 275/70 as they are closer to the 255/80 in diameter and width. Who would be the best person to contact at FR? Thanks in advance and sorry about being long winded.

You have plenty of front axle capacity and should not have a need to upgrade the air bags. The tire replacement in my opinion is a good idea but as for you having the weight issue many of us have had you are good to go.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:28 PM   #25

I was over with nothing in the coach full fuel and propane, empty fresh water, gray, and black water tanks just my wife and me.
2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.FB.
Ham KG5LTL.
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 06:15 PM   #26

Never heard of the issue on a 360QS.
upgrade those tires and rock on.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:19 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
Never heard of the issue on a 360QS.
upgrade those tires and rock on.

+1 or 2 maybe 3.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:18 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsailor View Post
Yes, I am indeed one of those weirdos that served on submarines (26 years of it). Lots of fun! I served on 8 different boats from 1980 until I retired in 2006 and did two COB tours. It was fun while it lasted, but happy to be out of it now. I still work as a federal employee up here near Seattle at our Shipyard where I manage all of the engineer recruiting and hiring for our Shipyard. My wife is there as well in the Public Affairs Office. She never gets a break from me! (we do work on different floors in our building though) -Glenn
Welcome Aboard,Did my time on SSBM 645,and yes was alot of fun
oldkeywest91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:33 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsailor View Post
Yes, I am indeed one of those weirdos that served on submarines (26 years of it). Lots of fun! I served on 8 different boats from 1980 until I retired in 2006 and did two COB tours. It was fun while it lasted, but happy to be out of it now. I still work as a federal employee up here near Seattle at our Shipyard where I manage all of the engineer recruiting and hiring for our Shipyard. My wife is there as well in the Public Affairs Office. She never gets a break from me! (we do work on different floors in our building though) -Glenn

I kid around a lot and I hope that everyone knows that I am kidding when giving different branches of services a hard time.
Please know that I have the utmost respect for all the service people that have dedicated their lives to protecting our country. I know the sacrifice a person makes when serving out great country. The toll in time and money the strain it places on the family are great and often over looked. So yes I give other branches crap. And mostly it's the Navy that I poke. Believe me I respect and honor anyone that steps up and gives control over ones life to the government to make us safer.
Thanks to you all Craig , Glenn , Dennis and many many more. And all the family's. You all have my dearest deepest respect.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:58 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
I kid around a lot and I hope that everyone knows that I am kidding when giving different branches of services a hard time.
Please know that I have the utmost respect for all the service people that have dedicated their lives to protecting our country. I know the sacrifice a person makes when serving out great country. The toll in time and money the strain it places on the family are great and often over looked. So yes I give other branches crap. And mostly it's the Navy that I poke. Believe me I respect and honor anyone that steps up and gives control over ones life to the government to make us safer.
Thanks to you all Craig , Glenn , Dennis and many many more. And all the family's. You all have my dearest deepest respect.
Thanks, I enjoy the good natured ribbing.
Subsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 12:25 AM   #31
2011 Berkshire 390BH

I figured I better post, so that Marine Phil is "sitting" in the middle of a bunch of Bubbleheads (Submarine Sailors)!!!!😂😂😂😂👍

PS - Phil you are the "hard striper" among us!! I would follow you anywhere, my friend!!!

Craig

Finally completed all State visits in August 2011 with a trip to North Dakota.
Superchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 01:56 PM   #32

Quote:

I just saw this post Craig - you are hilarious!!

I guess you COULD say you are Hot Racking in the Berkie
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 02:00 PM   #33

Quote:
I figured I better post, so that Marine Phil is "sitting" in the middle of a bunch of Bubbleheads (Submarine Sailors)!!!!����������

PS - Phil you are the "hard striper" among us!! I would follow you anywhere, my friend!!!

Craig

USAF Combat Control here...Called in many a package for my BIA in the USMC (BIA=Brothers In Arms)

You Bubbleheads are doing it right though. Much better than the guys n gals on the Aircraft Carriers!!

Because...

You Know what a Combat Controller Calls An Aircraft Carrier?

A TARGET
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 02:17 PM   #34

There is only two types of vessels...Submarines and Targets
oldkeywest91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 12:32 AM   #35

I have a 2012 390bh 60 with aluminum rims and 255 tires. Do I have a problem that needs to be dealt with?
lefaivre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 01:46 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefaivre View Post
I have a 2012 390bh 60 with aluminum rims and 255 tires. Do I have a problem that needs to be dealt with?
There are multiple threads discussing this. Do a quick search and you will see the process to check and see if you have an issue. First thing is to get it weighed (CAT scale at a truck stop is easy).
baddmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 08:20 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefaivre View Post
Get your coach weighed front axle and rear axle. Full fuel, and propane, empty fresh, gray and black water tanks and nothing in the coach. Report back to us. Some 390 bh units had a problem but not all.
2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.FB.
Ham KG5LTL.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:54 AM   #38

May I add that you just don't have to be over-weight to have a problem. After all the motorhome should carry passengers, belongings and some cargo. I advise empty weight weighing be done with 1/2 tank of fresh water and two passengers. This has be okayed by Randy and is only realistic.

I believe that any 40 ft.Berkshire with tile floors and a 10,410 lb front axle, should get the upgrade, The front axle is the steer axle and FR is most concerned about it, as you should.
Hank
Old 11-26-2015, 11:27 AM   #39

Thank you ... my MH is now put away for the winter and the snow is starting to fly. Will not be taking it out until spring.

My unit has all of the upgrades including tile floor and wash/dryer.

Will follow the instructions above.

If it turns out that there is a problem ... is FR footing the bill to correct the problem?

If so ... what is the process
lefaivre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 12:24 PM   #40

Talk to Randy with your weights Mine took 5 months get setup and done. It was done last week.
Ham KG5LTL.

Tags
2013, dealer, weight