Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2017, 01:41 AM   #21

I dream of upgrading the sound quality from our Jensen unit. I also prefer the 3 camera setup..

That said, I also see an XVR10 on the ASA sight. Wonder if you knew anything about that from the Rep you talked too. I'm also torn about getting a Pioneer AVIC with CarPlay and using Jensen's 3 camera switcher..

Did you look at that option?

Thank you,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman94 View Post
Just replaced my Jensen 212t with a jrv9000. I wanted an upgraded sound and the ot g er features that this model offered. I saw it at Goshen rally and spoke st length with Jim Hess, a fantastic rep. Fra ASA electronics. I was hoping this unit would improve the sound pf my already upgraded system. I was not disappointed. Installation was easy with the harness adaptor that can be purchased. I highly recommend this upgrade. Will check out the accuracy of the gps tomorrow. It was easy to program.
amarzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 01:44 AM   #22

This is another item on my wish list. The wood grain is the same dash we have - but with a hydro dipped graphic added. You can get this done to your existing dash for much less than $800. Of course you will have to remove the dash panels and take it to a shop to have this applied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-g View Post
A little off topic , has any one with the older (2012) dash swapped out for the wood grain dash?
Old 04-24-2017, 04:48 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarzano View Post
I dream of upgrading the sound quality from our Jensen unit. I also prefer the 3 camera setup..

That said, I also see an XVR10 on the ASA sight. Wonder if you knew anything about that from the Rep you talked too. I'm also torn about getting a Pioneer AVIC with CarPlay and using Jensen's 3 camera switcher..

Did you look at that option?

Thank you,,

I did not know about the xrv10. From looking at specs, though, it appears that the jrv9000 has better specs.

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:51 PM   #24

OK I am getting interested now - especially at the mention of CarPlay

All I would really like our in dash unit to do is Apple Car Play, AM/FM Radio, Bluetooth sync with my iPhone (XM Radio App), and display the back & left/right cameras

(and maybe a front looking camera if I can ever figure out how to install one!)

I have a Garmin RV760LMT for Nav, so I don't need Nav on the head

Any thoughts?
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:54 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post

All I would really like our in dash unit to do is Apple Car Play, AM/FM Radio, Bluetooth sync with my iPhone (XM Radio App), and display the back & left/right cameras

Any thoughts?
From what I have seen, no other decent radios come with 3 camera inputs.

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:28 PM   #26

You could get a video switcher.
All cameras go into it, and one out to the head.
But! The switching would have to be done manually.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:29 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post

Any thoughts?
Bob,
talk to Silver. I bought a couple of the front facing cameras from him, although I am going to use them on the side of the coach. I will mount the screen above the driver's seat (right above the night shade) and it will be like a live action rear view mirror but the view will be down the side of the coach. Yes, I know we have cameras built into the side mirrors but I have to turn on the blinkers to activate those. The side facing cameras will be on all the time, I can also use them when parked for security.
Jim can explain, call him.
2011 Honda CR-V toad
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:37 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
Bob,
talk to Silver. I bought a couple of the front facing cameras from him, although I am going to use them on the side of the coach. I will mount the screen above the driver's seat (right above the night shade) and it will be like a live action rear view mirror but the view will be down the side of the coach. Yes, I know we have cameras built into the side mirrors but I have to turn on the blinkers to activate those. The side facing cameras will be on all the time, I can also use them when parked for security.
Thanks & Will do! I have been thinking about adding the cameras as well - even looked at a 4 unit setup sold at Costco!

I *think* our radio heads are the same...if so, did you know you can go to the menu, select camera, and then select the view from the left, right, or rear to display? (I usually keep ours on rear so I can keep a eye on the Jeep when we are in motion)
Old 04-28-2017, 12:39 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman94 View Post
From what I have seen, no other decent radios come with 3 camera inputs.
Rich,

Here is a interesting 'factoid' - when we were rooting around the radio head at Total Value RV, we found that there is a "Front Camera" input on the head! So, theoretically, this head has 4 camera inputs!
Old 04-28-2017, 01:09 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
Bob,
Rick (or Karen?), I looked at the circuit input diagrams for my Magnadyne and found the trigger wires for the cameras (there are three, but the Magnadyne accepts 4, including a front camera). I cut the wires and put them on 3 rocker switches that sourced 12v to the wires, since the required trigger is 12v.

This had two benefits. First, I can easily feel for the switches and flip them on without looking, so that I only need a quick glance to see what they show. Second, it prevented the turn signal from turning off my navigation directions, which I found annoying. That made me miss important message that come just before or after a turn.

The second issue is now moot, since I got my Garmin 770RV for navigating. But, the first is still useful.

BTW, the left and right cameras are not subject to the reflection problems we've discussed in the driver side window. So, if you have a reflection problem, you can still see what is to your left with the camera.

–Gordon
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2579202
Toad: 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4; Formerly: 2005 Acura EL (aka Honda Civic)
gordonsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:40 PM   #31

Jensen makes a 3 camera switcher. I don't know the quality of the unit - but imagine it is similar to what is built into their head units. It has the voyager camera connectors on it - but can be adapted to some other camera if you don't want to use them.

If I go with a Pioneer - that would be what I would try to replicate the 3 camera inputs that my deck has today..

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
You could get a video switcher.
All cameras go into it, and one out to the head.
But! The switching would have to be done manually.

Tags
radio