Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2020, 09:01 PM   #1

Rattle 2014 390FL

Any ideas on a rattle at higher speeds in our 2014 Berkshire 390FL? It's coming from somewhere around the passenger side entry door? I have checked the door and it doesn't seem to be coming from there? I also checked the awning post and doesn't seem to be coming from there? It seems to be high winds related?
wdweldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 05:45 AM   #2

I had the bracket break to the mud flap/ fender well. Right behind the steps under the coach. Drove me nuts for a year.
Old 09-13-2020, 09:30 AM   #3

Mud flap bracket on mine also.
Old 09-13-2020, 09:38 AM   #4

I just looked at mine and YES, I think I have the same issue? What should I do? Replace the entire flap? The flap appears to be broken around where the bolt head attaches near the center?
Old 09-13-2020, 01:22 PM   #5
2023 Allegro Bus 45OPP

Search this site

Gordon Sick has a fix for this and he posted it somewhere on this site.
shepardmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 01:29 PM   #6

I am very interested in a fix and so thankful for the post on the cause of the rattle. THANK YOU!!!
Old 09-14-2020, 07:57 PM   #7

Fix RF mudflap that is not fastened properly

Thanks shepardmike for recalling my post.

I'd better help wdweldon find it, because it is not in a thread that I started. That thread was about sagging steps on another coach. I sort of hijacked that thread for a sagging step problem that I had, which was different, but for which the earlier thread provided some valuable advice and photos of the front steps. Then, to finish the hijacking process, I hijacked my own post with a discussion of the loose fender flap, because it is in the same area and all the photos I had showed how to work on that.

So, here is where you want to go to see my fix to the loose fender flap. If it flaps too much, it will fall under the RF wheel while you are driving. That will make it easy to find the problem – just follow the trail of damaged bodywork and frame back to the source.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2177789

The link is to my stair fix and it has lots of photos. The next post is my fix for the fender flap.

I really dislike it when people hijack threads. Now I have to go to bed and loathe myself!

–Gordon
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2579202
Toad: 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4; Formerly: 2005 Acura EL (aka Honda Civic)
gordonsick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags