Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2010, 04:31 PM   #1

Rear view monitor problem

I have a Jensen vr187 am/fm/cd/rear monitor with a rear view and side view cameras. Intermittantly the picture will lose its hold and the picture will roll. The only way to correct the problem is to turn the monitor off and then when it is turned back on, it will be ok for a while. As I said, it is an intermittant problem which makes it harder to diagnose. Unit is less than 2 years old.

I was wondering if any one had any similar problems and if so, if it was fixed and what the resolution to the problem was.
Thank you.
tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:12 PM   #2

I've never experienced that problem, But had mine replaced due to the screen not deploying. I don't have side cameras only the rear. Is it split screen with the side cameras?

2008 Forest River Berkshire 390QS
2006 Ford Focus Toad
Sometimes 6X12 enclosed trailer with a
2007 1200c HD Sportster & a 2006
HD Night Train
06nighttrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:02 PM   #3

We have the same system on our Georgetown. Haven't seen that one yet. I feel for you though, intermittent electrical problems are really a bear. Perhaps a loose connection?
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:43 PM   #4

06nightrain,
It is not split screen. The rear view camera is on all the time and the side view cameras are activated with the directional. Left side with left directional and right side with the right directional. Rear view camera is not on when side view cameras are on.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:09 PM   #5

Anyone out there have any problem with the side view cameras fogging up? This happens even in dry conditions. Any help appreciated.
gpeveto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:51 PM   #6

All the time!! Replaced them twice under warranty but they still fog up. On our trip this past July 4th they fogged up going and returning home- and the temps, as you probably know, were extremely high here in the North East. Don't know what the cure for this is. Hope someone has a fix.

As a P.S. - this seems to happen no matter what the weather is. If it is sunny and clear or if it is rainy, they still fog up. ASA says that they are waterproof. Water proof like the Titanic!!

Old 07-14-2010, 04:37 PM   #7

Thanks for the info.....good to know it's happened to someone else. This is our first experience with the side view cameras. Our '99 Fleetwood had only the one backup monitor system. Will do more research and if I find out anything further one this problem will post info.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:58 PM   #8

If you have the Mito Perimeter View CS-110 Sideview Cameras, it could be glare off the motorhome and not a fogging problem. I have written an email to Mito about the problem in question and hope to hear back from them. I will post any further info.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:22 AM   #9

In this case it is definitely not glare. When we stop and I check the cameras, I wipe the lens off and can see the fogging that has occurred on the inside of the lens cove. This has been occurring since I have had my coach and as I said, they were replaced twice with no better results.

Tags
berkshire