Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2015, 10:28 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Alberta Canada
Posts: 424
Refrigerator performance on 2012 390BH60

Since day 1 I have have a hard time maintaining cold refrigerator Temps when ambient Temps get in the 100 degree range. Have taken the advice of this forum and have purchased 2 items from rvcoolingunits.com

The internal fin fan

An the external circulating unit with 3 fans on the bar.

Had anyone had experience installing the external circulating fan? Where should it be located for best results? Will a need a tech to install?
__________________

lefaivre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:52 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,484
I mounted mine at the bottom of the chimney so that it moves air up the chimney.
I also mounted one on the fridge grill to suck cool air in.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "11 nights"
__________________

TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:55 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
CAT-RN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 7,120
Refrigerator performance on 2012 390BH60

Last weekend my residential frig in my coach would keep frig at 50 deg and freezer at 26 deg. That all it would do.

Prior to that it was always frig 36 deg and freezer 5 deg.

I figured that somehow I lost freon ?? Are you guys thinking some extra fans??

Electric only. No LP.

It is under warrantee.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:59 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,484
Russell, I'd take it in for warranty!

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "11 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:04 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
CAT-RN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 7,120
Lol. Have been working on that. Hard to get anyone to call me back. My dealer is supposed to be contacting whirlpool. We see how that works.

Easy for me to go to Elkhart. My dealer there too. Wife loves Shipshewana.

Surely someone in Elkhart fix it ??

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:04 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
Lol. Have been working on that. Hard to get anyone to call me back. My dealer is supposed to be contacting whirlpool. We see how that works.

Easy for me to go to Elkhart. My dealer there too. Wife loves Shipshewana.

Surely someone in Elkhart fix it ??

Russell
Surely!

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "11 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:11 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
EJM4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mechanicsburg - PA
Posts: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefaivre View Post
Since day 1 I have have a hard time maintaining cold refrigerator Temps when ambient Temps get in the 100 degree range. Have taken the advice of this forum and have purchased 2 items from rvcoolingunits.com

The internal fin fan

An the external circulating unit with 3 fans on the bar.

Had anyone had experience installing the external circulating fan? Where should it be located for best results? Will a need a tech to install?

Following too as I have the same issue, but only when traveling. I suspect it has something to do with air on the outside of the coach and not installing fans on the inside??
__________________
Earl
2013 Berkshire 390BH / 360hp
EJM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:52 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 741
Definitely a problem with the refer. Our Whirlpool residential fridge keeps its temps 0°/37° with no problem at all.
Paulie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:51 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
CAT-RN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 7,120
Whirlpool got back with me---they set up and appointment next Tuesday to get it fixed. They were very nice.

I thought the frig had a two year warantee Whirlpool says it is one year?? I got 12 days left??

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:06 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Alberta Canada
Posts: 424
The mostly black exterior on my Berk does not help matters
lefaivre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 03:08 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: West Virgina
Posts: 176
if it's under warranty, take it to dealer and have it fixed
ValMelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 03:09 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
CAT-RN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 7,120
Refrigerator performance on 2012 390BH60

And set at dealer how long? It works out that I am going to my dealer. They have a campground. Whirlpool is sending repair guy there.

My dealer was not involved in that set up. Whirlpool set it up. I just having tech meet me at dealer.

Id buy a new frig before I'd leave my RV at a dealer for a couple weeks to be fixed.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 04:17 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
15berkxl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Mishawaka
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
Whirlpool got back with me---they set up and appointment next Tuesday to get it fixed. They were very nice.

I thought the frig had a two year warantee Whirlpool says it is one year?? I got 12 days left??

Russell

Russell is your dealer Total Value. If so and if what I heard is fact whirlpool will only work on the frig if it is pulled out from the FR installation. You're the first I know who has had whirlpool service one that I am aware of. You might need Hank and Ivan standing by if the service person tell you that.
Please report back.
Wayne
__________________
Wayne
15berkxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 04:24 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
CAT-RN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 7,120
We will see. Whirlpool set it up with Eds Appliance in Elkhart.

Eds called me. I asked them just to meet me at Total Value Rv. They thought that was fine. Their lot wasn't big enough anyway.

I've bought 4 coaches at Total Value. Good personal friends of all there Hank, Ivan, Jenni. And the Salesmen.

So if I need something there I'm sure it will be available. Free camping too. Lol. I like free!!

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 04:41 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
15berkxl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Mishawaka
Posts: 576
I have purchased 3 coaches from them my first right after Hank opened. I agree like family.

Wayne
__________________
Wayne
15berkxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:39 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
CAT-RN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 7,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15berkxl View Post
Russell is your dealer Total Value. If so and if what I heard is fact whirlpool will only work on the frig if it is pulled out from the FR installation. You're the first I know who has had whirlpool service one that I am aware of. You might need Hank and Ivan standing by if the service person tell you that.
Please report back.
Wayne

To update:: Whirpool sent an appliance tech to work on our frig. Tech move it into the center of the living room. He decides that the compressor is bad. Compressor comes in today. He will replace it tomorrow & reset the frig into the wall. He says he works for all the coach builders in Elkhart & also Whirlpool.

Whirlpool will pick up the total cost. The tech says that he has never had Whirpool replaces a frig. At times parts & labor will be more than new frig?? But they repair them ??

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:30 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
15berkxl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Mishawaka
Posts: 576
That's good to know at that one repair operation. Thanks for the update.

Wayne
__________________
Wayne
15berkxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:53 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
Whirlpool got back with me---they set up and appointment next Tuesday to get it fixed. They were very nice.

I thought the frig had a two year warantee Whirlpool says it is one year?? I got 12 days left??

Russell
Timing is everything my friend. Mark that in the win column.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 02:48 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
15berkxl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Mishawaka
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
We will see. Whirlpool set it up with Eds Appliance in Elkhart.

Eds called me. I asked them just to meet me at Total Value Rv. They thought that was fine. Their lot wasn't big enough anyway.

I've bought 4 coaches at Total Value. Good personal friends of all there Hank, Ivan, Jenni. And the Salesmen.

So if I need something there I'm sure it will be available. Free camping too. Lol. I like free!!

Russell

Russell I stopped by TV RV Thursday afternoon had to meet with Jim and Jenni on what and when FR was getting my unit in to fix a multitude of issues. I was hoping you would be there to say Hi in person but no such luck.
Left there and stopped at Menards and who do I bump into exiting but Hank, always a pleasure to run into him.
Anyway hope to see you next adventure to TV RV.

Wayne
__________________
Wayne
15berkxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 04:01 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
Last weekend my residential frig in my coach would keep frig at 50 deg and freezer at 26 deg. That all it would do.

Prior to that it was always frig 36 deg and freezer 5 deg.

I figured that somehow I lost freon ?? Are you guys thinking some extra fans??

Electric only. No LP.

It is under warrantee.

Russell
No fans for residential refridge, fans help remove excess heat from ammonia refridge units. Yours uses freon 410 and a compressor.
__________________

VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2012, 390bh, refrigerator

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 AM.


×