Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2020, 05:18 AM   #1

Replacement sleeper sofa and love seat

So I need to replace the sleeper sofa and love set on my 2012 390BH-(pealing) I'm sure others have done this already- What brand did you use?

I called a company in California Shop4seats.com- fantastic pricing and built in USA, but expected delivery was April 2021! I guess the rv industry surge is bigger than I thought.

Does any one know if the factory parts department offers replacements?

I have also tried 2 years in a row to get them reupholstered- but have had no luck with that either.
Old 11-23-2020, 08:45 AM   #2

Look at Rec Pro.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:30 AM   #3

Just make sure what ever you get will fit through your door.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:55 AM   #4

Ours is literally flaking apart to dust. We were out last week and had to cover it temporarily just to sit on it. I can reupholster it myself, so I was looking at the underlying construction. If yours is like mine, the individual main pieces can be unscrewed and easily removed thru the doors. For example, the sofa arms come off, as do the backrest and cushions, and the long panel in front, too. Knowing that, if you have to pay someone to do it, they might take more kindly to you bringing the pieces to them.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:40 PM   #5

Rec Pro Sofa Sleeper

We removed a dinette table and put in a 68" Tri Fold sofa sleeper this past summer. We purchased it from Rec Pro. It is a vinyl-leatherette type upholstery and it looks fantastic. The reviews were great and it was delivered within a week from Indiana to Michigan. Time will tell how it will hold up as we are in Florida as I write this. The sofa bed doesn't have any metal edges like many. I did purchase a 3" memory foam to put on it only because I've done this on all of our beds even in our home.
Overall, I am very happy with the purchase. It was about $949 plus $75 for residential shipping. It fit through the 22" door.
The dinette that we removed is in excellent condition, but unfortunately the secondary market does not pull much of a price so we are just storing it.
TeriTheFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 02:20 PM   #6

Sofas/Loveseats I make them

I am in the hospitality furniture biz. we make custom upholstery here in TN. We use very durable fabrics and vinyl. Our products never fall apart. we use only commercial foams/frames for extreme durability. WE DO NOT REUPHOLSTER I would be very happy to charge as much as shown above, but we are more reasonable than that. Feel free to contact, would need dims and pic of desired style.

Norm
NormTn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 02:42 PM   #7

Norm,

Do you have a website?
WanderMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 03:38 PM   #8

I do but only for hospitality and student housing furniture. These would just be custom pieces. would need a pic and dimensions if interested. To us it would just be a custom piece. may need to do some engineering to fit thru the door.
NormTn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 02:17 AM   #9

Colors

How do you match material texture and color so it doesn’t look a mess?
Trappfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 08:05 AM   #10

Sample of fabrics from RecPro

I ordered sample fabrics from RecPro. I think it was $1 and it included all of the fabrics that they offered including the vinyl. Ironically, the leather-type fabric matched the seats in my Mercedes Forest River Solera perfectly. It makes the sofa sleeper look just like it was factory installed. I will post a photo when I get up to unit. It is currently in storage right now.
TeriTheFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 02:44 PM   #11

I got mine from RecPro. very pleased.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement