Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2018, 11:35 AM   #1

Replacing bathroom sink top and 'back splash'

I will be replacing the sink top and 'back splash' (2" piece on wall behind sink) due to delamination.
I was wondering if any has done this and can give me any hints that would help in the removal of the old top and installation of the new one.
Also, any hints as to how to remove the 2" back splash on the wall behind the sink without ruining the wall as it seems to be glued to the wall.
Any guidance is appreciated.
Thanks

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 02:23 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
I will be replacing the sink top and 'back splash' (2" piece on wall behind sink) due to delamination.
I was wondering if any has done this and can give me any hints that would help in the removal of the old top and installation of the new one.
Also, any hints as to how to remove the 2" back splash on the wall behind the sink without ruining the wall as it seems to be glued to the wall.
Any guidance is appreciated.
Thanks
Hey Tom, how are you doing buddy? I changed both sinks on my '14 390fl d/t delamination issues. I purchased solid surface countertops with installed sinks and backsplash from Andy at FR. Installation was fairly straight forward. Countertops are screwed in from below. Backsplash was removed with a thin moulding removal tool. I have pics posted on the FR Berk pages. (both groups).

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 02:28 PM   #3

Hey Rich,
Doing OK. How about yourself?
Thanks for the quickest response. Looks like I will under take the install in a week or so.
Did you get new faucets as well?

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 04:03 AM   #4

I have my original sinks- but changed both faucets last winter to Moen faucets from a plumbing supply house. Wife was very happy with them.
Old 09-20-2018, 04:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Hey Rich,
Doing OK. How about yourself?
Thanks for the quickest response. Looks like I will under take the install in a week or so.
Did you get new faucets as well?
Tom, the faucets were in great shape, so I just kept them. I am very happy with the sink/countertops provided bey FR. They were not cheap, but were made to the exact dimensions of the originals. They look great.

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:18 PM   #6

I changed mine about 2 years ago, thought the drop in sink looked cheap. Got a solid surface sink off ebay and had a counter top place make the top. The color is lighter than the kitchen, but told them if they had some leftover corian from a prior just and could use it go ahead. Showed me the color, and I was good with it. Did it for 150 dollars. I did get a new faucet. The shelf next to vanity is screwed from under so i drilled a hole in the top and used a jigsaw to cut out to get my hand in to get it off. Once off I decided to put the shelf in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2819.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	187279  
mcomer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bathroom, roo, sink