Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2021, 06:48 PM   #1

Residential Fridge

I have a Berkshire 39a. First time boondocking and whets to know how long batteries with inverter will run my fridge before I need to use generator. Any help appreciated. Thanks
jnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 07:17 PM   #2

We recently had an episode with our Encounter where we had to go without power for 22 hours and the refrigerator never lost power. We have two 12V batteries for house power. Our fridge is a Whirlpool residential. But nothing else was on because we were not in it at the time.
DSurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 07:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSurette View Post
We recently had an episode with our Encounter where we had to go without power for 22 hours and the refrigerator never lost power. We have two 12V batteries for house power. Our fridge is a Whirlpool residential. But nothing else was on because we were not in it at the time.
You might have seen my similar post under "how long do your coach batteries last"? I have a 2020 Berkshire 39A too purchased used prior to summer was running on generator most of summer when boon docking. It seemed everywhere I was so hot need A/C all the time. Now not using A/C seems only get maybe 6 hrs out of my batteries not sure how they we're maintained if at all.
tradventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 10:44 AM   #4
Diesel Rep West Coast

depending on what year your coach is you may have a feature called Auto gen start. if you have a brand new coach you will find this feature in the precision circuits multiplex system see video link below.

If you have a Magnum energy controller above the multiplex control, then you can set it through the Magnum energy controller, see this video below.

Auto gen start is a great feature that when used properly will allow you to not have to worry about what level your batteries are at. please not that once you hit the discount for the coach you will have to reprogram the AGS.
Eric B FR Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 11:06 AM   #5

The question is highly dependent on the outside temperature!

Two 12 volt batteries are about 100 amps available.

The batteries should last between 8 and likely 30 hours. More if you damage the batteries by using more than 50% of their capacity.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 12:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric B FR Diesel View Post
depending on what year your coach is you may have a feature called Auto gen start. if you have a brand new coach you will find this feature in the precision circuits multiplex system see video link below.

If you have a Magnum energy controller above the multiplex control, then you can set it through the Magnum energy controller, see this video below.

Auto gen start is a great feature that when used properly will allow you to not have to worry about what level your batteries are at. please not that once you hit the discount for the coach you will have to reprogram the AGS.
Thanks - I have auto gen start programed and even have it setup to come on prior to quiet time the issue when boondocking say at an event or dry camping ground is quiet time 10pm-7am cannot make it all night.
tradventures is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge