Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #1

RV Repair Facility Near Hershey, PA

My roof AC is leaking and I am looking for a reliable RV repair facility. I am currently near Hershey, PA and will be heading back to NY in a day or so. Does anyone have any experience with any RV repair facilities in the area? My AC is not leaking from the drains and I tightened the hold down bolts and is not leaking from the gasket. It is leaking from the rear part of the AC inside where the dump vent is located. Above the dump vent there is a fan cage and near the cage toward the rear there is a rectangular piece where it is leaking from. I took the inside cover off and that is where I can see where it is leaking from.
Thanks.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

If i'm not mistaken there is a Camping World near there . It may be called Grumbines RV/ Camping World. It could be closer to Harrisburg... not sure.
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #3

There's also a Berkshire dealer in Hamburg PA, not too far from you. It's right across the street from a Cabela's, so while they are looking at your coach you could pass the time there.
mf4110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #4

Great, thank you Grayfox and mf4110 for the info.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Great, thank you Grayfox and mf4110 for the info.
Enjoy your trip
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:30 PM   #6

Please let us know if anyone was able to fix it and what they did. We had the same problem during high humidity times and after inquires to the dealer and an attempted fix (or they just sort of inspected it) at another service place we ended up finishing out the summer with a plastic tub under it to keep the bed from getting soaked. :/
mjracsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #7

Do not use Grumbines!!!!! We bought & took our old TT their for service & it was an absolute nightmare every time! Every time we would call for service or to get an update no one would answer the phone & if they did they would have no clue what you were talking about. We have had many friends take their RV's their and they have had bad experiences also. We bought our 5th wheel at the other dealer mentioned in this thread, in Hamburg, Boat n RV. I would highly recommend them. We had ours in for service/warranty work last month & they were nothing but nice. I would highly recommend Boat n RV, its not as close but Trust me you will be glad you didn't go to Grumbines.
Gone but not 4 gotten
bee191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:23 PM   #8

You could also try Art Etnoyer's RV repair. He does mobile work and also has a shop about 20 minutes from Hershey.

(717)433-7162

Where are you staying at Hershey. We live West of Hershey in Mechanicsburg.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #9

Not sure if you have had success but Coach Care in Harrisburg is great to work with also.
thashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar
My roof AC is leaking and I am looking for a reliable RV repair facility. I am currently near Hershey, PA and will be heading back to NY in a day or so. Does anyone have any experience with any RV repair facilities in the area? My AC is not leaking from the drains and I tightened the hold down bolts and is not leaking from the gasket. It is leaking from the rear part of the AC inside where the dump vent is located. Above the dump vent there is a fan cage and near the cage toward the rear there is a rectangular piece where it is leaking from. I took the inside cover off and that is where I can see where it is leaking from.
Thanks.

How did you make out?
Old 10-13-2012, 09:24 AM   #11

Tried all the suggestions and no one - except Art Etnoyer- was able to see me before the end of the month. Am going to Art's on Monday and he will look at my AC unit. He thinks that it is probably the weep holes in the units pan that are blocked up. Will see what happens on Monday. Thanks to all for the suggestions as to where to take my coach for repair.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #12

Hopefully it's just the weep holes, good luck.
billygo3251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #13
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee191 View Post
Do not use Grumbines!!!!! We bought & took our old TT their for service & it was an absolute nightmare every time! Every time we would call for service or to get an update no one would answer the phone & if they did they would have no clue what you were talking about. We have had many friends take their RV's their and they have had bad experiences also. We bought our 5th wheel at the other dealer mentioned in this thread, in Hamburg, Boat n RV. I would highly recommend them. We had ours in for service/warranty work last month & they were nothing but nice. I would highly recommend Boat n RV, its not as close but Trust me you will be glad you didn't go to Grumbines.
You must be the one lucky customer this year....

Boat N Rv is absolutley the worst dealer on planet earth.

Google their complaints someday....it is amazing. It's good that they have several other facilities, and Hamburg is the "write off" location.

The can't even get their own parts anymore. They have to buy from the dealer in the next town down the road.
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #14

Yeah, I guess that I lucked out. Based on the reviews for Grumbines and Boat n RV, the fact that they both were too busy to fit me in worked in my favor. Just hoping that Art Etnoyer is a reliable facility that does good work.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #15

Went to Art Etnoyer's RV repair yesterday and they said that the driver's side drain was clogged with mold/mildew growth. They cleared the drain and put some sanitizer through. He said that this was a farily common problem and that a sanitizer should be run through the drains once or twice a year to keep them clean. Haven't been able to use the AC so I'm hoping that was the problem. I would say that everyone who has this type of set up should pour some sanitizer through their drains to prevent this from happening.

As a side note, I am very pleased with Art Etnoyer's. It is a small shop but they did excellent work and had me on my way in a little over an hour. He charged me $110, which I thought was reasonable. I would highly recommend them to anyone who is in the area and needs work done on their RV. Thanks to emj4 for the heads up on Art Etnoyer's. I just wish that he was in my area because I would surely go back to him if I needed any work done.