Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2010, 04:27 PM   #1

Second Mod - LED Lights - Warm Bulb Upgrade

This is the second mod I would LIKE to make.

This said - I am stumped. In our coach we have recessed / flush mounted LEDs lights that run the length of the ceiling of the coach. These are covered with some very nice round frosted glass covers (I was a bit surprised to discover that they were actually GLASS vs. plastic).

The issue for us is that the LEDs are a very cool (ie - white/bluish) color and are driving the DW crazy. I would like to change these with a warmer (ie - yellowish color) bulb.

My first assumption was that I could pop these bulbs out, find the correct type of bulb and purchase a warmer version. What I found was that these units are a single piece. (ie - bulb and housing are riveted together). It does NOT look like they are made to be replaced or changed.

I copied down the part numbers of the bulb but could not find anything on google or cross reference them to another warmer colored bulb.

p/n - L19-DD-GL-GL or P-0753c

Any one have any luck or info on swapping these units out?

Thank you!
amarzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:40 AM   #2

I bought a light as an experiment that I think can be modded to work in the existing fixtures. After some research I bought "24 LED Ceiling/Under-Cabinet Light Item# 001-1000" from commandelectronics.com. I tried it with power inside the coach and it is in fact the same warm white as the incadescent lights over the table. I took it and the existing ceiling fixtures apart, and I am 95% confident that the square circuit card from this light can be trimmed without harm and fitted into the existing ceiling hardware in place of the round cool white card that comes with the RV. They are not cheap at ~$25/light and it requires some effort, but if you want warm white, this is the closest solution I've found. If you are interested, buy one to try it first.
MotoWood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
berkshire, surveyor