Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2008, 11:58 AM   #1

Slide issues on '08 390bh

I have an '08 390 bh and have been having problems with the kitchen slide. I took delivery the end of March. On our first trip in mid-June, when we arrived at the campground we started putting the kitchen slide out. There was a terrible bang and the slide "jumped" as it was going out making this banging noise. We had to unbolt the mechanism under neath and manually push the slide in in order to get home. Took it to a repair facility and they contacted Equalizer and had to replace gears that were stripped and make a few other repairs. After the second trip in August, when we arrived home we again tried to put the slide out and again heard a bang. Took it to another repair facility and they said it had jumped the track and got shims from Equalizer. I was wondering if anyone else was having trouble with their kithchen or other slide on their units.
Thanks
tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:20 PM   #2
390bh

gosh, my 390bh has has those problems and more. in fact in shop today for the 50th time for slide issue's and water leaks,trim falling off the wall, driver seat not working(power) we have 9k miles and thought it would stop having issues each time we go out with it. but no, every trip almost it breaks down. forest river been some help but have not stepped up like i think they should.i hope yours is doing better.
chaser1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:08 PM   #3

Our 390bh had slide problems before we picked it up. It was fixed before we picked it up at the dealership. We also had leaking on the front of the unit. It went in and they fixed that at the dealership. We have 15,000 miles on the MH and it is not a year old. We have a list of a bunch of small things that needs to be worked on.
ferrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:24 PM   #4

Got the same problem with kitchen slide , the timing gear broke into today. One side tries to come in, but other side stays out. Water leaks at both front slides. Looked at them today and i see why they leak. The slides are not level at the top and the water runs against the seals. The dealer left a big gap at the corners when installing the new slide seal kit. That did'nt help those inside moldings that are peeling apart now!!!!!!!!!!!
hondaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:14 AM   #5

hondaman,
what year and model unit do you have?
Old 07-29-2009, 09:01 PM   #6

I have 2008 berkshire 390qs
hondaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:37 AM   #7

I have a 390bh and have had same issues with the kitchen slide. Went to factory in March and they had Equalizer come in and work on the slide. Hopefully that will solve the issues.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:18 PM   #8

Also had water issues on the kitchen slide but after 2 visits to dealer seems ok now. Not sure what they did but dealer looked after it and I know FR was not that helpful.
Team Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
390bh, berkshire